Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Help2Help Quilt Drive

 I am a little slow to the party but I am participating in the Hands2Help challenge going on over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  I have participated every year for at least a decade.




I signed up months ago but have just recently been thinking about what project I am going to designate.  Almost all of the quilts I work on lately would probably qualify but I wanted to choose a project that is made with fabric from my stash/scraps.




I have decided to finish up an existing project - my 16 patches made from brights and whites.



As of today, I have 28 blocks completed.  To make the size quilt I desire, I need another 28 blocks completed.  I will have the month of May to sew them up, finish the quilt top and assemble it.  I haven't decided if I am going to send it off to one of the great organizations highlighted by the challenge or just make it a Compassion quilt.  Whatever I decide, it will definitely be donated!

If you are interested in finding out more about the challenge, you can go here.  

There is still time to sign up and get sewing!




Connecting Threads is having an end of bolt sale....

3 comments:

Kate said...

Those blocks will make a bright and fun donation quilt. One month doesn't seem like much time to finish a quilt, good luck!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Looks like a great plan for this year. Hopefully with 28 more blocks to make you will notice a change in some of your scrap bins. :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those blocks will definitely make a fun quilt! Wherever you donate it, I know it will be appreciated. I think you should win an award already for your Compassion Quilts - you've finished up and donated so many these last few months!

01 09 10