Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Some Lovely Donation Quilts

 I am always amazed at the generosity of quilters...

A giant box arrived on my porch and I couldn't believe all the lovely quilts in the box.  They were sent so I could add them to my Compassion Quilt project.



Arlyn made all of these quilts.  I have to say I love her color sense and scrappy designs.  
How great is this rainbow Chandelier quilt!



I love the dotted background fabric and the blue floral backing.  This quilt is definitely going to brighten someone's day.  This quilt measures 60 x70".



I totally swooned over this blossom quilt.  And the blue border was the perfect frame.



Againe she used a print for the background and some fun dots for the backing. (In fact, you can still get this wide backing at Connecting Threads.)

This quilt measures 58 x 65".


All of the fabrics in this quilt have dots.  The colors almost glow and look fantastic in the print background fabric.



How yummy is the purple backing and the turquoise binding.

This quilt measures 53 x 72".


And finally - how charming is this quilt!  I put this block on my future RSC block list.  I really love this on-point design.


On the back is more pf that lovely purple backing.
This quilt measures 50 x 68".

Thanks so much Arlyn.  I really appreciate you donating these quilts.  They will soon be giving comfort - thanks to all the quilt donations, I will be making another delivery to the hospital later this month.

I have been busy finishing up some of the Churn Dash quilts.  I should be able to share a couple later this week!




For a few more days, the Fat Quarter Shop has their Jelly Rolls 20% off.  Use Code 20JELLY


12 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh wow, these are all beautiful and sure to bring light and joy to the recipient. Beautifully done, Arlyn, and so generously gifted!

julieQ said...

Those truly are some gorgeous quilts!!! I especially like the flower one!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Beautiful quilts! I love the bright colors and the cheerfulness in each. They are wonderful compassion quilts. ~Jeanne

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Wow! Each quilt is absolutely beautiful! What an amazing gift. . .all finished and ready for the recipient!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what lovely use of scraps

Vicki W said...

They are all beautiful, bright and happy!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Fabulous quilts!! she has a great sense of using color!!! they are so striking!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow, just wow. You are so right about the generosity of quilters. It humbles me all the time. Just gorgeous collection. Top notch art for comfort.

Kate said...

All those are so bright and bold! Several someone's are going to get a good reason to smile.

MissPat said...

A fantastic, colorful collection of comfort quilts. So generous of Arlyn.
Pat

Michelle at https://mybijoulifeonline.com said...

Wow! All of those quilts are amazing! They are so cheerful.

Preeti said...

I can barely imagine your joy and wonder at receiving these beautiful and thoughtful quilts. So pretty!

01 09 10