Friday, April 14, 2023

Churn Dash Quilts #3 and #4

 Ready to see a couple more Churn Dash quilts made from the current block drive?



For quilt #3, I used a bunch of blocks that came in with cream backgrounds.  I think many of them were made by Nann.  For this layout, I decided to just use twelve 12" blocks and sash them with some 2.5" star sashing.


I am really pleased with how this one turned out.  And because Nann sent me a big box of patriotic fabrics, there was some yardage of the striped fabric she used in her blocks.  So I was able to add a fun border that really tied this quilt all together.



On the back, I used some striped and some starred fabric.  I quilted some swirls on this lovely quilt and used the leftover star fabric on the binding.

This compassion quilt #3 measures 52" x 66".



I really enjoyed making quilt #4.  I made this quilt before a lot of block arrived so I had a few of all the block.  I decided to make a row quilt with the blocks I had.



I received two cuts of the red marbled fabric.  They were by two different manufacturers but it was difficult to tell them apart.  So I used them to set the rows apart.



I

So far, I think this quilt is my favorite.  It measures 60" x 72".



It has a fabulous fabric on the back. (Thanks Nann.)

I will most definitely make another row quilt using all three blocks.  It will be fun to see how different from each other they are.

Thanks to all who have contributed blocks.  I have three more tops completed and hope to get them quilted up soon!





11 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What winners! Your favorite is so bright and cheery while the churn dashes on the cream backgrounds is more calm and restful. I can't decide which is my favorite!

Kate said...

Both quilts turned out beautifully. I don't think I can pick a favorite.

Michelle at https://mybijoulifeonline.com said...

Both of these are wonderful quilts. Although it;s not overly complicated, I find the churn dash blocks so appealing.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh, I love the print on the back of the row quilt but the stars and stripes together on the first is also really perfect!

Sherrill said...

Both are absolutely gorgeous!!!

Vicki in MN said...

They are both wonderful, I like how you did your row one with the sashing and squares separating the blocks. And the first one I love the star fabric sashing as it makes the whole thing pop.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those are both awesome, Cynthia!!

Nann said...

Commenting on this post and the one with #1 and #2--so glad to see that the blocks I sent are now in finished quilts!

Cathy said...

They are all fabulous! I can't pick a fav. I love the stars and stripes idea for a backing.

Vicki W said...

These are fabulous! #4 must have been fun to make.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are so awesome!! what a great variety!!!

01 09 10