Friday, May 12, 2023

Churn Dash Finish #9, #10 and #11

 Boy, have I been busy on these Compassion Quilts.  

I am ready to share three more Churn Dash finishes today!



Quilt number 9 is this fun one made from 6" Churn Dash and 6" four patch blocks. Most of these blocks were sent in from Debbie.  She sent me a photo of them on her design wall and I decided to just sew them up as she had them.  I just had to add in a few Churn Dash blocks that were missing and add the flag border.  I think it turned out great!

But did you notice I sewed the top row upside down? Yeah....



At 50 x 56, this quilt is a bit smaller than most.  The small size worked perfectly for some large chunks I had leftover from other backings.


For the tenth quilt, I made another row design.  I had some long red strips trimmed from a previous backing so I used that between the rows and for the binding.



I was gifted a lovely hand dyed piece that worked great on the back.  I made sure it was treated so there will be no fabric bleed.  It tested fine so it shouldn't cause any problems.

The red on the right is the same print I used on the horizontal strips on the front.  I think that fabric is finally all used up! (Thanks Sherry.)



Here is the eleventh quilt.  I sewed up some four patches to create the center.  Added a wonderful inner border from some fabric sent in with some blocks and then finally bordered it with some 12" Churn Dash blocks.



On the back is more fabric sent in from Nann.  It wasn't quite long enough or wide enough so I had to add in some strips of red.  The one on the bottom you can barely see.  For the binding, I went scrappy on this one.

So you might think I am nearing the end of these blocks.  
Nope!  I still have lots to go!



Accuquilt Dynamic Promo


12 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Each compassion quilt coming from your "factory" will be loved. These are so bright and cheery and no, I didn't notice that row. . .!!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I love getting to see all the variations that you come up with. And if you hadn't mentioned it, I would not have noticed the top row in Quilt #9.

Debbie said...

Love them all! I love to see the settings that you come up with! I'm keeping them in mind for future charity quilts - especially with orphan blocks!

Jenny said...

You are working like Wonder Woman on these marvelous red, white and blue quilts, they all look great.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

These are turning out so great! I love the different creative ways you use the blocks that people send you. That mellow blue in the 4 patches in the top quilt is a really pretty color!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

I'm enjoying seeing all these compassion quilts, thanks for sharing.

karenbbsnow said...

Awesome layouts and some fun backings.

cityquilter grace said...

very pretty....love RWB!

Vicki W said...

You do such a great job of making each quilt unique and selecting blocks that all look like they were made together.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Cynthia, what wonderful quilts!

Kate said...

All very different, but really nice settings. Congrats on moving along so many blocks. Hard to believe you still have more to use up!

Vicki in MN said...

Fabulous work on these fun finishes!

01 09 10