Friday, May 19, 2023

Churn Dash Quilts #12, #13 and #14

 Yep!  I have three more Churn Dash quilts to share today.


Quilt #12 uses only the 12" Churn Dash blocks.  I used four patches to create an X block in red and blue.  When I alternated these with the Churn Dash blocks, it creates blue and red chains running diagonally through the quilt.



You can really see the X block in this photo.

Around the time I was making this quilt top, I was dreading having to piece the backing.  I was running out of larger cuts of fabric.  Well, Telepathic Nancy heard my distress and added this backing fabric in with her blocks.  It was a 2 yard cut of 108" fabric so there was no piecing at all!



  For quilt #13, I pulled all the blocks that had more of a cream background.  I didn't have quite enough for a quilt so I added in a few with white.  I think it still turned out lovely.




I really am having a lot of fun putting all these blocks together.





I was saving this backing from Nann for the last of the cream blocks.  The binding on this one is really fun.  I used some dark blue strips and alternated them with some striped fabric scraps I had.  I am really trying to find homes for all the smaller pieces of fabric I have.




I love how everyone's blocks have their own personality.  For quilt #13, I gathered up some of the busier blocks and put them together in this quilt.  I used all three styles of blocks and randomly put them together.  I think this one if one of my favorites.



On the back is a red backing sent in from Suzanne.  Her and her friends piece their wide backing scraps into new backs and she sent me this one.  She must be telepathic too!

I knew the quilting was really going to show up so I quilted in these starbursts.
I went scrappy with the binding.

I still have blocks so I am still making quilt tops.  Everyone has been so generous with their blocks it has been hard to keep up.  But I think we are getting towards the end of this blocks drive.  It is one we will be repeating every year.

Everyone have a great weekend!






Accuquilt Dynamic Promo


9 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

wow all very pretty...love RWB combos!

Chantal said...

Great quilts, all three of them. Bravo! ;^)

Debbie said...

It is so fun and inspiring to see all of the block settings that you create!! I can't pick a favorite!! Great work!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

So beautiful!!! I love them all !!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have found so many fun ways to put these blocks together and to use the smaller churn dashes and 4 patches! I especially love the one with the chain blocks. Beautiful!

Nann said...

Wow -- 14 quilts from that block drive. The settings are great. Bravo!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I continued to be in awe of your ability to come up with so many different layouts for these blocks. Each quilt is a WOW! on it's own! You are one amazing and talented lady!!!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Love those creative uses of different size blocks! Great job!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Amazing! You have really done an incredible job pulling these churn dashes together. I love that extra X design from the four patches. So clever...so classic and so beautifully pulled into gorgeous quilts. My hat goes off to you and the number of finishes...incredible1

01 09 10