Tuesday, May 16, 2023

I Bought a Bit of Fabric

 One of the things I have discovered when doing block drives, is I need to be very prepared with materials prior to the start of each event.  So when Connecting Threads had their last sale, I did a bit of shopping (Thanks to a few donations to my blog and some affiliate purchases.)



I think I am pretty set for the next block drive but I have used just about all of the patriotic fabric so when I saw all these pretty blues heavily discounted, I bought 4 yards of each.  They are fairly neutral and should work on quite a few of the block drives as backings.



I bought most of the same prints in red also.  I think I paid less than $4 a yard for all of these.



I also grabbed some neutrals.  A few of these I plan on using in the next block drive which will get announced the end of this month.

At least fourteen backing for $200!  WooHoo!!  That sounds like a lot of fabric but so far each of the block drives have resulted in 15-20 quilts.

I also bought three rolls of batting and quite a few cones of thread.  
I'm keeping those delivery workers busy!


So many of you have also helped out by sending some fabric with your blocks.  It really does help out a lot.  I can always find a use for it!

I will be sharing some more finished quilts on Friday....







3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you stay busy for sure with all those quilts - the sales were good weren't they

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, getting fabric for $4 a yard or less is an amazing deal!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

I am sure that I don't need any excuse to buy fabric. That does seem like a great buy!! Stop me now...my bad habit is 5bucks.com, which has well discounted fabric that calls me. Oh...all the stores call me but I need more fabric like I need more tupperware! Good for you getting a great deal ahead of the game.

01 09 10