Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Compassion Quilts for Children

 Whenever I deliver a stack of Compassion Quilts, I try and have a nice mix of big and little, adult and child.  Most of the quilts I have finished lately have been large so when I had some openings on my longarm schedule, I snuck in some fun quilt kits Karen sent.


Isn't this little yellow and pink quilt nice?  I always think of pink lemonade when I see it.  It is such a simple block but it sure makes a nice quilt.

This one measures 32 x 40".



It came with this sweet pink backing fabric.  I was able to use the trimmings after it was quilted for the binding.  I love when that happens!



And check out this one!  I hate to give up the secret but it is actually just a panel.  No sewing involved in the top!  I really do love how it turned out and I know it will brighten someone's day.



Karen also sent the perfect John Deere green solid for the back.  I really wanted to frame this one out with a black fabric and found one that was just the right size.  

This one measures about 35" x 42".


I am still taking blocks for the current Compassion Quilt block drive.  I should have two more finished Stix quilts to share later this week.




Linking Up:
  




Connecting Threads is having their Christmas in July sale.  This is a great time to stock up on backings.  There are quite a few regular yardage pieces for under $4 a yard and wide backing for under $9.  Many are some of my favorites!

5 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

What fun quilts that I'm sure are going to mean a lot to the right person. That panel is fantastic!!

Helenchaffin said...

Beautiful quilts! the purple is just glorious & some little boy will be so happy with the John Deere quilt,amazing job on both of them!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are so cute!!

MissPat said...

Nothing wrong with using a panel, if it get a quilt into some little hands. So one will love the tractors.
Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cute kid quilts, Cynthia!

01 09 10