Friday, July 21, 2023

Color Stix Finishes #7 and #8

More Compassion Quilt finishes. 

This week's Color Stix finishes were both inspired by the backings.



Kathy was cleaning out some of her "Christmas" stash and wondered if I could use some of it.  One of the backings she sent inspired this mostly red one.



I can't really use Christmas fabrics but I can use winter themed fabrics.  Who doesn't need Joy, Love and Peace in their lives.  I might hold this quilt back and deliver it later in the fall.

This quilt measures 54 x 63".



I received one shipment of blocks that had many that were made with batiks.  I added in a few that I had previously received and made this lovely quilt.



Nann had sent this lovely brown and blue paisley print and I knew it would look lovely with the blocks.  I had to add in a blue batik to make the backing wide enough.

This quilt is also 54 x 63".

And I have to mention that the brown binding came out of the stash that Gail sent.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.  

(Summer usually has me holed up in the house next to the AC.)

************************

I also want to let you know I had to turn on the comment moderation.  Comments were not coming to my email again and that was the only way I was able to fix it.  Sorry to anyone who's comments I missed.  I think it is fixed now!




Linking Up:
  




There is still time to take advantage of the Christmas in July sale at Connecting Threads..  This is a great time to stock up on backings.  There are quite a few regular yardage pieces for under $4 a yard and wide backing for under $9.  Many are some of my favorites!

5 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Two more fantastic finishes! Have a lovely weekend. We'll be doing our best to stay cool; the temps finally start to be more reasonable for us next week.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

We all could use more peace, love and joy in our lives! What a great backing! Love the bright blue against the red blocks and the batik blocks look like they were stitched from the same stash! Funny how that works sometimes!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are really pretty! I especially love the pink/red, and blue combination with its great backing. And now that you mention having to turn on the comment moderation to get the comments coming back to your email, I think I had to do that, too, when I was having the same problem. Eventually I was able to take that back off because Blogger "fixed itself!"

The Joyful Quilter said...

Peace, love, joy and batiks... Two great quilts, Cynthia!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

These are so great!! Beautiful color combos!!!

01 09 10