Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Color Stix Finishes #16 and #17

 Blocks for Compassion Quilts have pretty much dried up so now I am able to focus on getting the last stack of blocks into quilt tops.  I still have quite a few in the pipeline to finish up.

Today I can share numbers 16 and 17.



Number sixteen is this lovely purple and green one.  I also snuck in a few brown blocks I had. 
This quilt measures 54 x 63".



My inspiration came from this lovely purple and green iris print that Nann sent for a backing.
The purple binding was one sent in my Gail.



The next finish was a completed quilt sent in by Nancy.  I love her border design!
It really works well with the striped binding.



Her friend Jenn did the beautiful quilting.  It shows up so well on the batik backing.

This quilt measures 57 x 66".  

I will be delivering another trunk load of quilts to the hospital this Friday.  So I am frantically trying to finish the binding on a few more so I can include them in this shipment.  There should be at least 24 quilts going out this month!

If you still have blocks to send, please get them in the mail soon.  The next block drive I hope to announce on the 30th of this month.  That is just two weeks away!


5 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

What a fun border and perfect stripey binding by Nancy. I hope you get everything you want finished without feeling rushed or stressed.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Those are both wonderful quilts. I really like that stripe border going around Nancy's quilt. You nailed this batch and I'm sure you will for the next drive as well. These are simple, elegant and colorful quilts that will make some recipients feel such love.

Mystic Quilter said...

You have two of my favourite colours in Number 16 - purple and green, always luscious together.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

These are super fun ones!!!

Vicki W said...

I'm really impressed with the color palettes that you put together from all of the ransom blocks that you receive.

01 09 10