Friday, August 18, 2023

Compassion Quilt #18 and #19

 It is already Friday!

That means I have some more Compassion Quilt finishes to share today.

I have been hitting the longarm quilting on these tops really hard lately, so I have a big pile that just needs binding.  That means I will have lots more to share soon.


Quilt #18 is another quilt that was inspired by the backing piece.  These green, gold, and brown blocks look so pretty together.  It is hard to see but I laid the different colors out diagonally.





This pretty backing came from Nann.  She sent 5 yards so you will see more if it soon on another quilt.

This quilt measures 63" x 72".


The nineteenth quilt is similar to one I did previously.  I used another of the vintage pillow covers and surrounded it in blue blocks.  I think I still have two more of them so I will need to use them later in a different block drive.

I can't let anything go to waste!


Kat sent me this pretty floral fabric.  This is the second quilt I have used it on.

My goal when I started this drive was to hopefully get 20 quilts.  I can tell you we have exceeded that!  It makes my heart full of gratitude for all of your generosity.

Enjoy your weekend!




5 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What wonderful finishes! The dark brown in the first quilt sure drew my eye and the backing is so perfect! Those vintage pillow blocks provide the perfect point of interest for these blocks. That blue one is lovely!

Kate said...

Have really enjoyed seeing all your Compassion quilts. Love the different colo themes.

Chantal said...

I'm in love with that green, gold, and brown quilt. Lots of people are participating in your drive and all are so generous but none more than you, Cynthia. For taking the time to sew and quilt all these quilts is an amazing amount of time given to the need of the community. Bravo! ;^)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Happy Friday! I love the way the blocks are coming together inspired by the backings. I hope that the delivery of quilts goes well today. Is the heat wave abated for you? We are buckling down for a lot of rain from Hurricane Hilary this weekend.

Nann said...

That backing was a gift to me--so happy to pay it forward. This block design looks terrific in any combination.

01 09 10