Friday, August 11, 2023

Pastel Stix Finish #15

 I was so close to having two Color Stix quilts to share today but I just couldn't get the binding done on quilt #16.  It will have to wait until next week's post.



This is another quilt I made using a backing as inspiration.  The backing was all pastel colors so those are the block colors I chose.  I also had a large cut of fabric so I could make a nice large quilt.  This Compassion Quilt measures 63 x 72".



The backing was gifted by Kat and has Asian lanterns and fans.  It is really quite pretty.  I pulled a pink solid from my stash for the binding.


Hope everyone has a nice weekend.  In a few days we are tipping over 100 degrees.  That is too hot - I live in the PNW because I like mild temperatures!




5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Ooh, that's a pretty one! I love the backing - it looks like the perfect inspiration. Stay cool! I get cranky when we are over 90, lol!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Another lovely finish; matching the blocks to the backing is working out really well for this grouping. And oh wow, over 100 degrees up there? We had a high of only 68F yesterday, which we enjoyed a LOT (next week we will be back to 92/93).

Chantal said...

Lovely quilt. It looks like Crayola met Matchsticks. I love it. ;^)

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

This is a lovely color combination...soft and beautiful. Well done!! The backing is perfect and yes, really quite pretty!! Well done!!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great quilt! The blocks fit the backing perfectly! Enjoy the coolness of today. . .that brutal heat is coming. Thank goodness we didn't have the prolonged heat that Arizona had!

01 09 10