Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Color Stix Finishes #13 and #14

 Thanks to one of my special local elves, I have two more Color Stix finishes to share today.



We get together occasionally and sew.  During her last visit, she put these blocks together for me.  She laid out the blocks and had the top all together in one afternoon.



I challenged her to come up with something that matched this flannel backing piece I had.  
I think it turned out pretty nice!

It measures 54 x 72"



She was so successful with that challenge I sent her home with a bunch of orange and a few black blocks.  The color scheme might seem a bit Halloweeny but one of the local universities' (OSU) colors are orange and black - so a Beaver fan will love this quilt!



How else are you going to use 4 yards of an orange and black tiger stripe!?
(I still have a bit left over but the next block drive is for kids so I am hoping to use it up then.)

This quilt is 63" square.

A few more blocks are still trickling in.  I do have quite a few more quilts in the pipeline but I am running out of backings and it is getting harder to put the blocks I have into a cohesive design.  I do love a challenge so I am sure I will be able to make a few more work!

Stay tuned - I hope to share one or two more this Friday.




7 comments:

Nancy in Indiana said...

The quilts look fantastic! I'm really enjoying seeing them come together!

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is amazing to see these quilts grow. The colors are so happy and cohesive. I know how you feel about backings. I have been buying some from Marshall's dry goods as the price is unreal and the quality is fine.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Your friend did well with your challenges! Yes, a Beaver fan will love that orange quilt!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Your friend is a good elf! Both are fantastic but having something in OSU colors is guaranteed to make someone really happy. :)

Mystic Quilter said...

I like these Colour Stix, especially the top one, very effective and just the two different fabrics in each block, good way of using odd strips.

Vicki W said...

Your friend did great with those! I especially love the arrangement of the orange and black!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

I didn't know about the Beaver colors but they are also perfect for going into fall. I think orange is such a happy color. I really like the green and purples together. Maybe it's more magenta, but either way, I like the unusual combination. The backing also is lovely. It's very nice to have a stripe for the backing, but you have extra work to not have it be wonky. well done!!

01 09 10