Friday, October 20, 2023

Happy Quilts #12 and #13

 Here we are...already sharing Happy Quilts 12 and 13 and I haven't put a dent in the number of blocks I have received.  There are going to be a LOT of quilts made!

The two quilts I am sharing today were inspired by some cool blocks I received.  In both cases, I was sent a number of blocks from the same fabric line so I wanted to create a quilt using those blocks.



This first one was lots of fun to make.  I received these really cool sun/moon blocks framed in hot and cool colors.  I could have made a square quilt out of the blocks I received but I wanted to make it a bit larger.  I pulled out a house panel I received from Nancy.  The colors were all correct but it was light in color.  I still liked how it looked so I added it in.  (I just wish I would have framed it in a darker fabric.)
I also found a great border fabric in my stash,

The quilt now measures 40" x 48".  I refer to it as the House of the Rising Sun quilt :)



On the back I put a light blue astronomy print and I bound the quilt with a dark blue fabric.



How cute is this little quilt?!  I think I received 18 blocks total, but I ended up using just these 16.  I knew right away that it needed a light blue sashing and went about searching through all the fabric I have for just the right piece.  With the addition of an extra seam or two, I was able to stretch this fabric into the layout I wanted.  I didn't have enough for the binding, so I used a piece that was pretty close.



On the back, I was able to use a small piece of flannel I was hoping to use up.  
I really love the colors in this one!

This quilt measures 38" square.

I realized today I still owe you guys a roundup post on the last block drive.  I will try and get it out next week.  I just need to find that scrap of paper I put all the stats on - I know it is somewhere on my desk!

Have a great weekend!



7 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Sweet finishes! I like the quilting patterns you chose as the textures the quilting provides makes the quilts look cuddly!

Holly in Indiana said...

Love these. The song, “Aquarius”, by the Fifth Dimension keeps going through my head. Your choices were spot on.

Anonymous said...

Yay Cynthia! You made a fun quilt with my Sun and moon blocks!
Glad they inspired you to make House of the Rising Sun!
Diane

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are both so pretty and fun! I always enjoy seeing what you do with the various blocks that come in - you are so creative with them. Those quilts are going to be loved!

Julie in GA said...

Great quilts! I'm not surprised that you are getting a ton of Happy blocks; they are so fun and easy to make. I think I have a set of those sun and moon blocks like the first quilt--I wonder where they are?!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oooh, the House of the Rising Sun is fun! ow nice to get so many coordinated blocks that easily group together into quilts.

Kate said...

I can't pick a favorite, both quilts are such fun.

01 09 10