Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Some Scrappy Finishes

 I finished quilting these two Compassion Quilts months ago but I was having a hard time getting them bound.  A huge thanks to a local friend who stepped in and finished them up!



Joni sent in this lovely scrappy quilt top.



She also sent in this plaid backing fabric.  I think she intended for it to be used on another quilt top but it was a perfect fit for this large one.  It measures 66" x 76".

I had the perfect striped fabric for the binding.  I didn't have quite enough so I added in a turquoise print that was already prepped.



Here is another fabulous scrappy quilt.  Karen sent in this fun top made with so many floral prints!
.


I was gifted the perfect floral for the backing.  I also received some smaller cuts of three or four pansy prints.  I decided to sew them all together and use them to bind this quilt.  I try to jump on opportunities to use pieces of fabrics that are hard to match to the block drive quilts.

This quilt measures 60" x 72".

With so many of the quilts we are making now directed at kids, it will be nice to add these two adult quilts to the next shipment.  I will be taking another trunk load just before the holidays.


Friday I will have more Happy Quilts to share so stay tuned!




5 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh, that's great that you'll have some more adult quilt options to take next time as well. That stripe binding fabric for the first quilt is really lovely.

Kate said...

You do so well at matching what you've got to the quilts on both the binding and the backing fronts. Both quilts turned out beautifully.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Joni has a great way of using scraps! I like her arrangement! Karen's use of florals is inspiring too! What great finishes!

Nann said...

Both quilts are colorful and cheerful!

Michele@CrayonBoxQuiltStudio said...

Both are great finishes.

01 09 10