Friday, October 13, 2023

More Happy Quilt Finishes

 I am still working away on the Compassion quilts made from the Happy blocks donated by many of you.  Today I have three to share!


This one is quilt number 9.  I made this one for an adult or a teen.  It really doesn't have a theme.  The blocks are just colorful, and few blocks are made with novelty fabric.



Check out this colorful backing!  I think I actually squealed a bit when I saw it in the box sent by Sue.  The colors in it are amazing!

This quilt measures 56 x 64".



How fun is this staggered layout on quilt #10?  I received a couple fat quarters that I think the characters are from CandyLand.  They worked perfectly to make some "half blocks" to create the stagger in columns 2 and column 4.

This one is made from all sorts of characters - Hello Kitty, Tweety Bird, Daniel the Tiger and many others.  This quilt measures 40 x 48".




On the back is another of Holly's masterpieces. This one has a bunch of her orphan blocks sewn into other fun bits of fabric.

The orange binding was prepared by Beth.


And finally, quilt #11 takes us under the sea.  These blocks are filled with lots of lovely tropical fishes and other creatures.


And I was gifted the perfect backing.  I lost track of who sent this in but I love the bold colors.  It might have been Nann. I had to add a bit of blue to make it wide enough.  This quilt measures 54 x 56".

I am trying a new tracking method for keeping track of who sent what items. 
 It gets quite confusing sometimes!

Just know that I appreciate how generous everyone has been.  You guys are awesome!





11 comments:

Momma Llama said...

So many great block combinations that really fit together nicely.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilts you have shown this week are so pretty and bright whoever receives them will be thrilled!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Such happy colorful finishes! Love them all!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The happy blocks make truly happy quilts. Its a treat to get to see all the blocks and variations, and wow what beautiful backings that have been donated!!

Vicki in MN said...

Beautiful work as usual, you are so generous with your time and keep so busy!

Holly in Indiana said...

Hi there. Probably most of us who help you don’t need recognition for our donations, we know what we gave and we see it in front of us. And not to get preachy but our Heavenly Father also knows. Thanks for letting us help. We travel by motor home in the winter and it is impossible to take a lot of items. I have to have a focus as I only have limited space to sew and store.
I don’t want to miss helping in the next campaign. I hope to have a hint in November perhaps what size fabrics we might need?

Nann said...

The fishy backing is perfect for the quilt! To give credit where it's due --it didn't come from me. The staggered setting is a great variation. All these happy block quilts are happy indeed!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I blinked and you are already up to Happy Block quilt number 11?!?! Way to go, Cynthia!

Kate said...

Such fun and colorful quilts. I hope you smile a lot when assembling these quilts, some of the blocks are really cute.

Melva said...

Quilters are some of the most generous people I have ever seen. <3 All are great quilts and made with love. I'd love to have you share them in my Sew & Tell party at Melva Loves Scraps. :)

Vicki W said...

All of the quilts this week are bright and happy! Holly makes so really fun quilt backs.

01 09 10