Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Happy Quilts #17, #18 and #19

 Happy Blocks are still arriving in a pretty steady flow.  Whenever I have a few minutes to sew, I turn them into quilt tops.  But I am so appreciative when I open a package and the blocks are already sewn into a quilt top.  Plus, I enjoy seeing the new ways these blocks can be laid out.  Here are a few that have arrived and are now ready to donate.



How cute is quilt #17.  I measures 34" square and incorporates some other orphan blocks.



I had a yard of this soft purple flannel.  I was so pleased to finally be able to use it.



Kathy sent in this fun quilt top.  I love those little penguins holding hands.



I had a smaller cut of some flannel with stars and used some flannel fat quarters I received to make the backing large enough.

I have been focused on using as much of the flannel pieces I have in stock as possible now that the temperatures have gotten colder.

This quilt is 40" square.



And finally, here is another quilt where the blocks are set on point.  Quilt #19 measures 47" square.

The sun print used for the inset triangles really sets off all these blocks.



A neighbor gave me a bunch of larger cuts of fabric - one of them was this lovely light blue woven print.  It really shows off the swirly quilting.

These Happy Block quilts are just flying through the pipeline.  Later this week I have more quilts to share that are a bit bigger.  I am still putting these quilts together based on a theme.  It is so much fun to see all the cute blocks that are being sent.

Thanks so much to everyone supporting this cause!

Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly



6 comments:

Vicki W said...

Those are perfect baby and toddler quilts.

karenbbsnow said...

They are all adorable. Great job!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for showing us the completed quilts. How fun to see all of the different versions. The hand holding penguins were from a border print, and I had saved the little bit that was left for just the right project.:) The quilting looks great and I am a huge fan of flannel backs, especially for kids.
Kathy

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I love that you are going to have a variety of sizes with the Happy Blocks. And those penguins holding hands are really delightful!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those happy blocks make the best happy quilts!

The Joyful Quilter said...

All of these quilts are SEW super cute!!!

01 09 10