Friday, November 3, 2023

Flying Past Twenty!

 Happy Friday Everyone!

I have three more Happy Block finishes to share with you today.  Hard to believe we are already surpassing 20 Happy Quilt finishes.



Here is Happy Block quilt #20.  All of the blocks have to do with storybooks.  There are Dr Seuss, Dick & Jane, Paddington Bear and Golden Books to name a few.


So I had to put this great Winnie the Pooh print on the back.  I really adore this print!
This quilt measures 40 x 48".



Cats, Cats and More Cats!  I have received so many cat blocks and cat backings.  This will not be the last cat themed quilt you see.


Dorothy sent in this whimsical flannel cat backing.  This quilt measure 40" x 56".  I made the quilt size to fit what I had for the flannel backing.



I am trying to focus on making some larger quilts for older kids.  This one kind of has a party theme.  There is dancing, music, party hats and lots of sweets.



The day I finished the quilt top, I received this fabulous Brandon Mabley print in the mail from Amanda.    It went right from the box to the quilting frame.  This print was perfect for this quilt!

Quilt number 22 measures 48 x 64".

I am so pleased to also share that I have been getting some help with the quilting step.  You will soon see some quilts quilted by people other than me!  I am so very thankful for all the help.

Next week I should have a bunch more quilts to share!




4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Twenty already - wow! These three are cute as can be. Glad you getting some quilting and finishing help with the Compassion quilts!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

A Winnie the Pooh print for the storybooks quilt top is perfection. I love the serendipity that seems to happen on a regular basis!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Wow! Twenty amazing happy finishes! I too thought that Winnie the Pooh backing was perfection!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nicely done, Cynthia!! You are putting all those blocks to good use.

01 09 10