Wednesday, January 24, 2024

A Bit of This and That

 Lots of Compassion Quilts quilted over the holiday are still crossing the finish line.  

Here are a few more!



I was able to make two string quilts with all the string blocks that were donated.  
Here is the second one.

The package of wool batting I used in this quilt was donated by Lois.  I have been saving it for a quilt I knew would be heavy.  Wool batting is so light feeling.



I have been waiting a long time to use this plaid fabric - I had about 4 yards so I knew t would work on the colorful string quilt.

This quilt measures 60" x 70"

I do love the bright green binding!



Karen sent in this "deer" quilt top.  I call it that, but it also has moose, elk and caribou.



Karen also sent in the backing.  It is some of the softest flannel I have felt.  Terry was able to quilt this one for me.  All I had to do was sew on the binding!

This one measures about 55 x 65".



Sue sent in this quilt top quite a while ago.  It just kept getting bumped in the quilting queue. 
It is a really fun design.


When I was looking for a backing for this quilt, I didn't have the stash of fabric I had now, so I pulled a solid navy blue.


I knew it would be fun to see the quilting on the back.  I quilted in whimsical daisies and loops - in a white thread.

It was another very rainy picture day so I was thankful Janet could hold quilts for me.

I really do appreciate all these quilt tops people donate.  It adds a nice variety to each delivery of block drive quilts I make.  I couldn't do this without all of your help!


8 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those are wonderful finishes! Of course, the string quilt made me salivate! Well done!

MissPat said...

I like the daily and loop quilt motif. That's one I could even do on my domestic machine. Now I just have to remember it.
Pat

Helenchaffin said...

Beautiful finishes!

Kate said...

That string quilt is so colorful and fun. Congrats on all the finishes.

Holly, snowbirding said...

Love them all. If the blue and yellow top creator is reading this, how about the pattern name?

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just gorgeous wonderful finishes! People will be so uplifted by these.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely bits of this and that, Cynthia, and congratulations on "Terry the Quilting Angel", along with all of the other donors of quilt tops, blocks, and backings!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Thanks for the extra photo of the quilting on the navy backing; fabulous!

01 09 10