Friday, January 26, 2024

Log Cabin Quilts #3 and #4

 I am starting to see more log cabin blocks arriving in the mail.  Once I open the packages, I stack them into their appropriate color stack.  Once I have enough blocks in a stack, I make a top.  This drive is so much easier than the Happy Blocks drive!



For quilt #3, I grabbed the stack of multicolored blocks with low volume backgrounds (not all white).

I decided to go with a diagonal layout for this one.



I love purple so any time I can add it to a quilt, I am going to.  Karen donated this lovely purple backing fabric.  She sent three pieces that were already cut to length.  I was able to use two lengths on this quilt. They were the perfect length!

This quilt measures 55 x 66".



I still had quite a few multicolored blocks, so I decided to make Log Cabin Quilt #4.  I did add in some blocks with all white backgrounds and two from the "blue" stack.  I don't think too many people will notice. I knew I had quite a bit of the purple floral leftover from a previous quilt backing.  It is purple, green and black but I knew it would look great with these blocks.


When Suzanne sent me this green fabric, she wrote that she was so happy to get rid of it.  I fell in love with it and couldn't wait to get it on the back of one of these log cabin quilts.  It shows the floral quilting so well!

With the sashing, this quilt measures 54" x 67".




There is still lots of time to make and send in blocks if you want to help out with this block drive.  You can read more about it here.

I have two sew days with some friends scheduled over the next two weeks, so I am hoping to sew up more Happy Quilt tops.  Then I can just quilt them as I need them and don't have to worry about assembling them.  We shall see how many we can get together!

Hope you guys all have a great weekend!



10 comments:

Maureen said...

Beautiful, rich colors!!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Loving all these log cabin quilts.

Kate said...

Beautiful log cabin quilts, you did such a good job with grouping the colors. You'd never guess that either was completely unplanned.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE that Log Cabin Quilt #3 and you can add me to the list of people who didn't even notice the blue blocks in Quilt #4!!! Have fun with your friends at the upcoming sew day, Cynthia.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those colors are so rich! The layouts are so eye catching. Wonderful finishes!!

Auntie Em said...

What a versatile block! I love the purple sashing, too. I'm glad you are enjoying putting these together.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I love that you were able to sneak in purple into both of these quilts. I just finished up some projects and should have time to make a few blocks to send in!

Turid said...

I really love your blue log cabin quilt. You inspire me to start my own. Log cabin is a technique I always come back to.

Janice said...

Love your settings and use of so many different blocks. always afraid my blocks won't measure up but see them in quilt.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO.

dq said...

It is super fun to see your log cabin quilts done in different layouts! Log cabins are just so fun that way!
Lovely finishes.

01 09 10