Wednesday, January 31, 2024

A Veteran Quilt Finish


I just have one quilt to share with you today. I had a few more finished but I just didn’t have the time today to get them photographed. 

I needed one more Veteran quilt for a hospital delivery next week. We finally delivered all the ones made during the last Veteran Block drive. For a quick finish, I grabbed a charm pack that Karen sent and added some sashing and some 9 patches from some donated solid fabric.  I really liked how this one turned out.

I don’t usually add borders, but I felt this quilt needed one.  I was able to use up a nice blue print that was left over from a previous quilt.  It finished off this quilt beautifully.



The charm pack was red, white and blue but I wanted to make this quilt a bit more patriotic. I dug through the stash and found this great print that Karen sent.  It was just what this quilt needed.

This quilt measures 47 x 55".

If the weather cooperates tomorrow, I should be able to get a few more quilts photographed so I can share them Friday.  So stay tuned!





7 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great finish! The borders were the right choice!

Gretchen Weaver said...

This quilt used a very simple pattern but it is so pretty! It will be loved.

Kate said...

A very effective use of a charm pack. I like those alternate blocks with the charms. Very fun finish.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The nine patch blocks and border frame those charm pack squares perfectly! I just finished off some log cabin blocks and I'll go looking for your address in my email so I can get them sent to you soon!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a really pretty design, and the backing is perfect! What a great way to use up a charm pack, too. I'll have to remember that!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

This is so beautiful. I love how you just grabbed and made a quick Veteran's quilt! You must dream of designing quilts in your sleep!! Well done and simple is often the most brilliant!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a stellar way to expand a charm pack!

01 09 10