Sunday, January 28, 2024

Oh Scrap! : Pink Scraps

 Oh Dear...I almost forgot to write my post before I went to bed.

I did finish five more Two Bit blocks in the color pink but I was so excited to have enough blocks for a quilt top, I forgot to take photos.  You will now have to wait to see them in the finished quilt. Sorry!



While I was cutting strips for my Two Bit blocks, I also cut some strips to make more of the blocks that have no name.  I am just sewing strips together to make a rectangle measuring 4.5" x 8.5".  Hopefully someday they will turn into something.

I also received today around 100 orphan blocks.  There might even be more!  They almost fill a large tote.  Guess what is in my future!

Looking forward to seeing what you made with scraps this week!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like those strippy blocks with no name! I might just have to make some, too. It does seem like the strips pile up around here! And the thought of 100 orphan blocks leaves me speechless - I'll look forward to seeing what you do with them. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Kate said...

You have some really pretty pinks and a few really fun ones too. Hope you get in some good stitching time today.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great pink scraps. I like the idea for your unnamed block. Maybe you should name it? Have fun with the orphans!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Goody. . .we will get to see what you will make with your blocks. As for those orphan blocks. . .it is always a journey to use those blocks as they often arrive with quirks of their own! They do sew into beautiful quilts and I hav no doubt your creations will be lovely and warm!

Chantal said...

Oh! My! The fun of looking through all those ready-made blocks! I can almost hear your ideas churning from here, lol. Enjoy! ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lots of pretty pink scraps there, Cynthia! Who on earth gives away 100 orphan blocks? Have fun with those! You make some of the BEST orphan block quilts around.

dq said...

It is fun to hear you excited about your scraps and what you will do with them. I will be checking back to see.
A hundred orphan blocks sounds like super fun!

01 09 10