Friday, March 1, 2024

Friday Finishes

I am still slowly working through all the Happy Blocks I received last fall.  I still have MANY more quilts to make!



This is happy quilt #62. This one is about all things that fly in the sky.  
These blocks were all so colorful!

This one was quilted by a local elf Cindy.  She has a new machine and has been practicing on some of these quilts.  She is doing a fabulous job!



I had a bit more of the bright colored ballon fabric that Nann sent.  
This fabric really finished this quilt off beautifully!

This quilt measures 40 x 48".



The quilt top for Happy Quilt #63 was made by a local friend.  She had these fun turtle centers in her stash leftover from a previous project.  She also had a bunch of turtle batiks that needed to be used.



I quilted it up and sewed on a batik binding.  We make a great team!

This quilt also measures 40 x 48".



When Cindy dropped off the quilts she had quilted for me, she also donated this cute split nine patch quilt she finished up from some leftovers.  All those yellows make it so cheerful.



 Here is the back.  She quilted it with some pretty little flowers.

This little cutie measures 42" square.





In case you missed it, I announced the next block drive yesterday.  You might recognize these blocks from last year.  You can find the post here.

I quilted up a few more log cabin quilts but I haven't finished the bindings yet.  But I should have them done to share next week.  
Be sure and get your blocks in the mail if you haven't sent them yet.  Thanks!



4 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Wonderful finishes. . .those happy blocks were sure popular and have made amazing quilts!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

So fun to recognize a few of the blocks I sent in the things that fly happy quilt. 63 happy block quilts in with many more to go - amazing!

The Joyful Quilter said...

More great finishes for your Compassion Quilt Project, Cynthia! Thanks for the reminder that the new Block Drive went live this week. Off to read more about the specifics...

Kate said...

Very fun finishes. That turtle quilt is really cute.

01 09 10