Friday, March 22, 2024

Fun Finishes

The two finishes I am sharing today were made by others. I received the quilt tops almost a year ago but have just finally finished them off.


This first one was made by Kristi. I always love quilts that are a variation of a bear paw. I really should make one for myself one of these days!


I dug around in my stash and found some brown fabric for the backing and the binding.

This quilt measures about 45” square.



Sue sent this lovely sampler top all made from grunge fabric. It is so pretty! There are quite a few blocks I want to play with. Especially the bottom left one. 

There is also some pretty turquoise grunge on the back. Local quilter Terry quilted a fun fleur de lis pattern on it.

This quilt is about 60 x 72”.  

It might take me a bit to get the quilt tops you send but I do get to them eventually.  I really do appreciate all of your donations!

Enjoy your weekend!



 

7 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are both so pretty! I too like the bear paw and really want to make one someday!! Maybe I should get going on that hha

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The quilts are glowing in the sunlight! I love the print the bear paw blocks use in their centers.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That grunge sampler is extra special with all those interesting blocks. Fun ideas to play with for sure are located there! I too like bear paw blocks and bear paw blocks in a finished quilt . . .well, what isn't there to love about that!!!

Nann said...

The turquoise sampler caught my eye, for sure. Two lovely finishes.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love a bear paw quilt, too - and have never made one! Could you use a quilt top that's 48 x 60? It's one of Preeti's designs - the Masala Box, done in Rainbow blocks. I enjoyed making it and just have never finished it. I'll send it to you, if you could use it.

Kate said...

Very fun finishes. The teal sampler is my favorite of the two. Congrats on getting too more off your to do list.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on finishing up these two lovely quilts (with some help from your friends!)

01 09 10