Sunday, March 24, 2024

Oh Scrap! : Log Cabin #13

 All I did this week was create scraps!

I had high hopes that I would find some time this week to sew some of my scraps.  

But that is not what happened.



I did finish up this lovely log cabin quilt.  It is the 13th quilt made from our last block drive.  I received a LOT of purple blocks so I have been making a ton of purple quilts.  
I decided to put these blocks on point.

Sue sent me this lovely purple floral fabric I used for the inset triangles.



I also used it for the backing and the binding.

This quilt measures 64" square.

I always have hope I will get to play in my scraps next week....Time will tell!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



11 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

What a beautiful purple quilt!!!

Preeti said...

Your opening line had me laughing out loud. We make a few quilts, we make a boatload of scraps. Today I was looking for instructions page that came with one of my rulers. I thought it may be in the scrap vortex box. It wasn't but I came across forgotten blocks, audition blocks and practice blocks - scraps by a different name :-D

Kate said...

The purple log cabin is gorgeous. Love those deep purples and that backing fabric is perfect. Hope you get a chance to play with your scraps this week.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love how those log cabins look like they are floating on the white! Your purple backing is gorgeous, too. Sometimes we make scraps, sometimes we use them up - you just never know!

Cathy said...

Those Log Cabins set on point look a lot like a Dresden Fan.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Lovely purple log cabin quilt! After more than 40 years of quilting, I still love log cabin best.

Holly in Indiana said...

Fabulous Cynthia.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

These log cabins remind me of snow covered mountains. That backing fabric is perfect! It is a beautiful purple quilt!

Astrid said...

Congrats on the finish! It's beautiful, love it!

karenbbsnow said...

I haven't seen that setting before for log cabin blocks. It's a winner, very unique and effective.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

The on point blocks look great. Such a different look by just turning the blocks...incredible. Thanks so much for sharing the purple beauty.

01 09 10