Friday, March 15, 2024

Some Friday Finishes

A few more finished quilts to share today.



This finish is another quilt top that was rescued from an estate sale by my neighbor.  It was all finished - just waiting to be quilted.  I am so happy it will now go on to make someone smile.



Dorothy had donated this pink leaf fabric.    It was perfect for the back!

This quilt measure about 62" square.



Another Happy Quilt crossed the finish line.  This one makes 64 completed quilts from this drive.
There are still many more to go!

This quilt is all about bicycles. One of my local friends sewed this one up for me.



Bikes and sunflowers (thanks Joan) on the back - such a fun combination!

This quilt measures 48 x 56".



Check out this cute quilt.  Kristi sent this to me to be quilted.  I handed it off to a local quilter Cindy and then passed it off to Chris who sewed on the binding for me.  I so appreciate all the help I am getting on all these quilts!

And a big thanks to my friend Janet who still came over to help me photograph quilts even though she was not feeling well.



I was able to find a couple pieces in my stash to make the backing.  On these smaller quilts, I try not to use my bigger cuts of fabric, so I try to make do with two cuts.

I currently have a huge stack of quilts waiting for the binding to be sewn.  So I bet I will have lots more to share next week!



I am starting to see some blocks arrive for the newest Veteran block drive.  I have one more (I think) log cabin top to sew up and then I will more onto these Churn Dash quilts.  If you are interested in making some blocks, you can read about them here.  This drive lasts until the end of May.  Last year we made 26 quilts - will we exceed that this year?

Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!



Happy National Quilting Month.  
Connecting Threads is having a sale with free shipping!



 

5 comments:

Preeti said...

Rescuing quilts and warming hearts - one stitch at a time!!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Now that you've got a good pipeline established, it's really fun to see the variety of quilts that the group can work on. Lovely!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

Such beautiful finishes. I was wondering what sizes you make the quilts. Do you have a standard size in mind? The 16-patch quilt is a great way to use up those scraps. I have so many that perhaps I should make a few blocks too. I sent my stuff last week but still want to do more. Thanks for the Friday update. I love the weekly inspiration!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Two more beautiful finishes with the first being a rescue! Getting quilts to the finish so they can warm someone's heart and body. . .you are a gift to the community!

Kate said...

Very bright and fun quilts. You and your helpers do great work.

01 09 10