Sunday, March 17, 2024

Oh Scrap! : String Blocks

A few posts back, I was saying that I was going to be one Veteran quilt short for the next hospital delivery.  Well, Wilma to the rescue!

Wilma had emailed me to ask if I could use some string blocks, Last week I received 30 string blocks that she had made in RWB.  It didn't take me long to sew them up and get them made into a quilt.



I really do love a good string quilt.  There are just so many wonderful prints in each block.



My friend Janet came over and organized all the fabric.  Then she decided she was going to pick the backing fabric out for this one.  I don't think she wanted me to mess up her nice stacks. 😂

This quilt measures 50 x 60".

A few other folks have asked if they can make string blocks from their scraps.  ABSOLUTELY!
I would love them all trimmed to 10.5" please.


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

                                  Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly




Happy National Quilting Month.  
Connecting Threads is having a sale with free shipping!



9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the red, white, and blue strings together! They sure make a neat design - simple but interesting. Have a great Sunday, Cyndy!

Chantal said...

Bravo, Wilma! Looks like your timing was perfect. Great job, Janet! Enjoy! ;^)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I love a string quilt too!!! and yay for one more quilt!! that is so awesome!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Hurray Wilma for piecing all those lovely RWB string blocks. Hurray Cynthia for getting them all together into one stunning finish! Janet did a great job of picking the backing.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Hooray for Wilma coming to the rescue. Fantastic!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

I also love a good basic string quilt!! That RW&B one is just the thing to bring to a Veteran. I've got so many scraps!! I'm busy with my 16 patches but maybe more strings are next.

Bonnie said...

I'm always amazed how well string blocks work together -- especially ones that are limited colors.The red, white and blue blocks look great together. Hum, 10.5" -- the phone books I use are not that big. I'll need to figure out where to find some thinner paper that would square up at 10.5 inches. Or maybe I'll just make churn dash blocks instead.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wilma to the rescue! What luck, Cynthia!!

Kate said...

So glad you have elves to help you with your donation quilts. Very fun scrappy string blocks.

01 09 10