Sunday, September 6, 2026

Oh Scrap! : More Finishes

 I can't believe it is Sunday already.

All I sewed this week was attaching a few bindings to quilts and a few flannel rectangles into a couple of blocks.  My time was needed elsewhere.  This week we have our big Sew Day!

So All I can share are some completed quilts.  I doubt any of you will mind!


We have been working on quite a few kid quilts.  We have started taking in quilts into Bags of Love.  We help them out at the end of every year as demand grows.

This quilt came to us as a kit all ready for a volunteer to sew into a top.  Charlene has sewn quite a few kits together for us.  She also shows up at our monthly sew day at a local quilt store.  This quilt has an airplane theme, so I had a little fun and included some Snoopy fabric from Amy on the back. 



This one is all about dinosaurs.  These quilts are always a hit.  Kristin sent in this top and backing and Laura finished it up.  I love the blue plaid backing fabric.



Here is a fun little baseball quilt.  I am no longer sure who sent in this quilt top.  I think it was Sharon.  Kat sent us the backing fabric and Cindy quilted it up for us.  She loves the small ones!



This one was finished a long time ago, but I don't think I ever shared it.   Carol sent in this Holly Hobby quilt top and local longarm quilter Wanda finished it up for us.  I sew on a lot of the bindings, but I think Chris finished up this one for us.



Check out this bright, scrappy quilt.  I am guessing Karen used a few of her orphan blocks in this one.  We used two fabrics on the back - they came from Martha and Dusty.  I think Laura quilted and bound this one.



And finally, there is this lovely quilt.  I love the colors in it.  Mina sent in this quilt top, Dusty sent in this amazing purple backing fabric and local quilter Terry finished it up.  This is another one that was finished quite a while ago but wasn't shared.

That is it for today.  There are lots more to come!


****************************************


It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

Quilting is more fun than Housework

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

 Follow Me on Bloglovin'                 Follow Me on Feedly



The new block drive has been released.  This one runs until the end of November so there is lots of time to join in.  You can read more about it in this post.


No comments:

01 09 10