Thursday, October 10, 2013

Finish A-Long goals for 4th Quarter

Last quarter was my first time joining in on the fun at the 2013 Finish A-Long hosted by Leanne at she can quilt.  I had listed 5 projects that I had hoped to finish and I am happy to say I completed 4 of them!  I didn't expect to finish that many and am feeling pretty happy about it.  So I am following that success with even loftier goals this quarter!  Here's the list...





The English Paper Pieced snowflake quilt needs to get quilted!  As I was hoping to use this on my sofa this holiday, I just can't let this one slip.  The top has been finished for months yet I seem to have waited until the last moment. 
 (sigh)







Of course the "scrappy goose" is going on the list.  I have a plan now so I just need to not only get the blocks pieced into a quilt top, but it will need to be worked into the quilting queue.  

That is always the hardest for me.









 This project was the hold out from last quarter.  This quilt top has been done for about 4 years and just never seems to make it to the top of the pile.  

Maybe this quarter....








Here's another quilt top that just needs quilting.  This was made with leftover "chunks" of fabrics that were hanging around my sewing room.  I had a pile of those turquoise strips that were the by-product from an older project and I just couldn't toss them.  So of course I had to design a whole quilt around them!



 (This quilt top did clean out a bunch of scraps from the sewing room so its a "win" already!)




 And finally, I purchased these fabrics with the intent on making a bunch of fabric buckets for my studio and sewing room almost a year ago.  They have been sitting on my sewing table since.  I say these need to get done by the end of the year also.







Well, there you have it.  Five more items I would love to get off my project list.  Don't worry, there will still be those new projects I want to start or the impulse "great" idea I get late at night for a new scrap design.  You can bet there will be lots of those and I will be sharing everything with you.

Wish me luck!! I am going to need it!

she can quilt


Linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation, Thursday Threads at 627handworks and Really Random Thursday at Live a Colorful Life.


11 comments:

Ava said...

Congratulations on your finishes. Your projects are beautiful also.

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

You must do #3! I love that top! It's fantastic. Black and White is the only color combination I would say I like better than blue and yellow. :)

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

oh, I LOOOVE the aqua and red EPP top! so pretty!!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Anonymous said...

Four finishes! I'm impressed since I only managed one out of three. Best of luck this quarter and I love the EPP snowflake quilt!

Kathleen said...

That four-year-old quilt is just stunning. Can't wait to see it finished!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

and thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Barb Neiwert said...

You have a plan - that's half the battle. At the very least, you need to get the Christmas quilt finished. Plus, the four-year-old quilt deserves its day to shine!

Lorna McMahon said...

The majority rules! We love that Christmas quilt top and demand to see that one finished first! It is gorgeous. Now get off the net and get at it. There are only 73 days left until Christmas!

Lisa in Port Hope said...

Fabric buckets must be first! How organized you would be with those to keep scraps :)

My Recent Favorite Books said...

All of your quilt tops and fabrics are so pretty! =)

CapitolaQuilter said...

Almost finished for months or years, either way I hope you get to cross these off your list. I gave up the scrap basket idea when I desperately needed to get mine organized and opted for plastic containers. Yours will be much prettier.

01 09 10