Thursday, November 13, 2014

Remembering to Play!


When your business is also your hobby, it is easy to get caught up in deadlines and forget to schedule yourself some time to simply play.  I need to remind myself constantly to take time out, turn up the radio and just let the creative juices flow.





I pieced this block a while back during a time when I really needed to find some "me" time.  Shortly after finishing it, I decided to use it for a round robin I was participating in.  I was hoping to end up with a fun wall hanging for my sewing room.




When I received the quilt top back, I wasn't disappointed.  It is always so fun to see where others take your original block.  It is sad that it has taken me so long to get it finished!




I love the four seasons represented by the trees with their cute embroidery stitches.
Cute, huh!






I now have this lovely quilt finished and hanging in my sewing room.  A constant reminder to take time out to "play" with my fabrics.







With the new year coming, maybe I should make some sort of resloution to change how I spend my time....Hmmm, I am going to have to think about that!







ALYoF2014 

This wallhanging was my November goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes with Sew Bittersweet Designs.  It is hard to believe I have finished it so early in the month! Woot! Woot!





If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar! 

Linking up:

15 comments:

SewPsyched! said...

Love the wall hanging! And Yes, let's remember to play. Woo!

M-R Charbonneau said...

So fun! What a great reminder to play and just have fun. Love it!

Havplenty said...

What a fun project.

tushay3(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Great reminder!!!!!

Jayne said...

It is easy to get bogged down in work! I am feeling it too. Thanks for the reminder and I love that the one 'you' project was Play!

Jasmine said...

It is darling and perfect for your room. Congrats on getting it finished.

Shauna said...

very cool, I think it turned out wonderful

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a great quilt, and a great reminder to play and have fun in your sewing room.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see such a success story from a round robin. They are quite fun to do. Happy playing.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Been looking forward to seeing this....and I love it!! We always need a good colorful reminder to not take ourselves too seriously!!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Lotsa fun!

TylerRose said...

love your wallhanging!

CeLynn said...

What a sweet little mini,congrats on the finish!

Anita said...

Great wall hanging!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Perfect reminder!! YOu are really good with all those letters!

01 09 10