Sunday, November 2, 2014

November Goal - ALYoF

Just two more months left in 2014!  I started out this year determined to finish up all of my old quilt tops waiting to be quilted.  When I went to the closet today to take inventory, I was happy to see I am down to just three....THREE!  I can't tell you how happy that makes me!





So I have decided to make this little wallhanging my A Lovely Year of Finishes goal for the month.  It is the last of the round robin quilts I stashed away years ago.  My plan is to hang it in my sewing room to remind me to "play" every once in a while.  

The last two quilt tops in the closet are "family" quilts.  I inherited through my family 280 Sunbonnet Sue blocks...Yep, you read that right.  Two hundred and eighty of my least favorite vintage block!  So I have been slowly sewing them into quilts and dispersing the "love" through the family.  I am down to only enough blocks for one more quilt top so the end is within sight.  I am sure I will be sharing my quilting heritage with all of you over the next few months.  I bet you can't wait!!


If you are interested in more ways to follow me, you can find me on Craftsy, Facebook, Pinterest, Bloglovin', Feedly, Instagram, Google +, or get my blog sent right to your email inbox by entering your email address on the right sidebar!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny to me about the Sunbonnet Sues -- those are my least favourite vintage block too, so naturally, the only quilt in my family that was made by my great-grandma (my mom says it was my great-great grandma, but the fabric doesn't seem old enough for that) is a sunbonnet sue that she'd sold/traded for eggs and which came back to our family from the Egg Lady's grandchildren. Of COURSE it had to be the one block I hate so much :D

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the wallhangings you've been finishing up, but I'm with you, Sunbonnet Sue is one of my least favorite blocks. Have never made one, but I would love to see what you've done with them!

Jasmine said...

How exciting to be so near your goal! I have never made a Sunbonnet Sue quilt, but I drew some for a project in college. Much easier than drawing real people!

Suzanne said...

Years ago I went to a truck show where the presenter had photos of out of the ordinary quilts. One was a group quilt made by ladies who disliked (and down right hated) Sunbonnet Sue. Each block showed Sue expiring in a different way...some were funny....some were pretty graphic!. At least your Sue's are going to someone you love....lol!

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow - congratulations on such progress on your quilt tops this year! I bet it is going to be so satisfying to have them all completed.

LA Paylor said...

omg you might be the only person I know who finished all her ufo's Whee! Good for you. Whatever will you do with the extra space? LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

What a great wall quilt! I wanted to Thank You for stopping by and linking up with "Anything Goes Monday". I am enjoying be a guest host and meeting so many new quilty friends. I just started following through B/L and GFC (so I don't miss out on your posts) and look forward to more of your posts in the future

01 09 10