With temperatures in the upper 90's for a few weeks now, I have been staying inside and giving my sewing machine a workout. Less than a month ago, I started sewing together small scraps following along with Amanda Jean over at Crazy Mom Quilts. Have you seen her quilt along based on her scrap vortex quilt? I am now ready to share my quilt top!
I have no idea how many pieces of fabric are in this quilt top but it measures about 70" x 80".
I really had a lot of fun sewing all those bits and fitting each odd shaped block together like a puzzle.
My main goal for this quilt was to use up some of my black background/bright colored scraps. They never seem to find a home! Once I started on the quilt, I decided to only use red, pink, orange and yellow scraps. A few pieces of turquoise and lime did make it in there but I liked how they looked so I left them in.
Every shape, print and size went into this quilt. There are tiny crumbs, strings, bindings, chunks, 1930's, novelty, batik and even star wars in the mix.
This is how it all started - just some pairs of fabric!
What are you doing with your scraps this week? Be sure and share!
Here are the details for linking up with Oh Scrap!:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!