The month of August was certainly all about sewing scraps! So it is looking like September will be about getting all those quilts finished.
Various bits of fabric have been flying at my house and I should have quite a few more scrappy finishes to share soon.
Last month, I decided to go ahead and sew up my RSC15 blocks into a charity quilt. This week it found its way onto my longarm and was quilted. Boy, do I love this little quilt!
I was pleased to see that Angela at SoScrappy chose orange blocks for the month of September. It is one of my favorite colors and, because I wanted some orange in my quilt, I had sewn these four blocks in August.
My initial plan was to add a pieced border on my quilt so I have been sewing up these colorful little 9 patches. But when it came time to add the border, I decided I liked the quilt best without them. So now I just might turn these into more blocks and make a second quilt.
I will share pictures soon of the finished quilt. I just have to finish up the binding!
What scrappy projects have you been working on?
Now it is time to link up and share what scrappy projects you have worked on this week. Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!