Sunday, January 3, 2016

Oh Scrap! : Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2016

It is a new year so it is time to pick new Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks.  For January, Angela over at So Scrappy has picked the color blue so I quickly sewed up some blocks today.




Every month I have decided to sew up two chain blocks and one little pig block in the chosen color.  These blocks are 12" so by the end of the year, I am sure I will have enough blocks for more than one quilt.




I was initially going to just sew up the chain blocks but, well, the piglet blocks were just too darn cute!




I sewed up a few test blocks last year so I already have 8 blocks finished!

If you are looking for a fun scrap event, you should check out the link up and see what others are making.  Angela is also putting together a great scrappy sampler done in columns.

 I might just have to join in on the fun there too!

**********************************


Now it is time to link up and share what scrappy projects you have worked on this week.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!







Linking Up:

Love Laugh Quilt
Patchwork Times
Cooking Up Quilts
So Scrappy for RSC 16
BOMs Away 


21 comments:

scraphappy said...

OK, I must admit, those pigs are just way too cute! Looks like you will have plenty of blocks by the end of the year. Great start!

Quilter Kathy said...

Those pig blocks are just too adorable!

Sally Trude said...

I love the combination of blocks--piglets surrounded by scraps. And FYI, I posted the description of making a right facing piglet on Christmas Day along with instructions on how to make the block finish to 6X8 inches.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the little piggy!!

Ivani said...

Those little pigs are sooo cute and the chain blocks make a perfect lay-out for them. It will be a pretty quilt.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, I love your blue piggy! The chain blocks are great, too; they will make a fun combination! Now you just need a green pig!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love your little piggies!

Sandra Walker said...

Love those piggy blocks! I used to use "Les Trois Petits Cochons" play to teach French to my grade 7s, so piggies are near and dear to my heart. Where did you get the pattern or did you design it yourself?

gayle said...

Piggies!
I love them so!

em's scrapbag said...

Those piggies are cutties

Ariane said...

Your blocks are so cute!

Jasmine said...

Those are super cute little piggies. What a fun quilt.

Cathy said...

Glad you decided to stay with the pigs for RSC! I think your layout with the alternate block will be soooo cute.

Lara B. said...

Those piglets are just too cute to resist!
It's amazing how you can come up with new scrappy blocks in color themes Cyndy! The chain blocks look great!

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Yay! Piglets! They are so cute. :) Sounds like you will have plenty of blocks for more than one quilt. You do such great work with your scraps! Thanks for sharing on MCM!

Heidi said...

Too darn cute! Is that pig flying!?

Cathy said...

I'm gonna love watching these pigs come to life. So cute!

Char said...

Love those blue chain blocks!

Robby said...

The cuteness of those piggies! Can't wait to see them grow.

Anonymous said...

I like the scrappy squares, and the piggie is a little cutie, too. What a fun year!

Sheila said...

I love blocks made with squares! And those pig blocks are just too cute.

01 09 10