The weather here has been beautiful so now I am often torn between time in my sewing room and time outdoors. This week, rather than pull weeds, I decided to finish up this month's blocks for my Rainbow Sampler quilt with So Scrappy.
Angela refers to these as Wacky Pinwheels. Once again, I decided to fade my blocks from light to dark and use Kona Snow for all the background.
Here are all my blocks to date. I think this quilt is going to be so pretty when it gets put together.
Another project I worked on this week was putting together some destash bags of fabric to sell in my Etsy shop. I have over grown my fabric storage area and even though these are all fabrics I use, I am finding it is necessary to destash a bit. The lots are all by color or theme and weigh anywhere from 1 lb to 1.5 lbs. That is over 3 yards to a package. If you are looking to round out your scrap stash, it is a great deal.
And if you make a purchase and can use some smaller scraps, just leave me a comment on the order and the color(s) you want and I will gladly top off the envelope! (I hope to be adding more bags soon so be sure and check back.)
Now, what have you been working on!
Here are the details for linking up:
- This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
- You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
- If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
- If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
- This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
- Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps. And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!
Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
Patchwork Times (Design Wall Monday)
Cooking Up Quilts (Main Crush Mondays)
Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)
So Scrappy for RSC16