Saturday, April 9, 2016

Q2 Finish Along Goals

I was not very successful at meeting many of my first quarter finish along goals.  I only completed one out of the three projects I was hoping to finish.  I was so discouraged, I almost didn't set goals for this quarter.

But because I do know myself pretty well, setting these goals does give me a bit more incentive for finishing things up.  So here goes....




I need to finish the Scrap-A-Palooza quilt I started with these batik strips I came across.  I am hoping to donate this quilt as part of the Hands2Help event with Confessions of a Fabric Addict so that means I need to finish this one up soon.



I also want to finish up this WIP that has been hiding out in a bag for years.  It is all cut out and partially sewn.  It will be really nice to get this one off my list - it is definitely one of the oldest projects on there!


Even though I just started this project using Craftsy's Boundless solids, I want to make sure I finish this one up soon.  Mostly because I have these pretty strips all over my sewing room and I can't get to other projects.



And finally, I need to get sewing on a quilt for one of my siblings.  Rarely do either one of my sisters ask for a quilt, so I am more than happy when I get a request.  (But how can a sister of mine want such boring colors!)

2016 FAL


So there you have it...I have three months to get all four of these projects finished.  If I can just keep myself focused, I should have no problem completing them. Ha!

I will be linking up with A Quilter's Table and you can follow me to see what other quilters are hoping to finish here.







9 comments:

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Good luck with your goals!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I say it's a good thing there aren't any quilt police fining you for not making your goals! :) You are such a productive quilter that we all know that if you didn't make these particular goals, it's because you were working on finshing something else! How fun to make a quilt for one of your sisters. Maybe you could sneak in a little Kaffe scrap just to show you made it?!

Teje said...

Hi Cynthia! Great projects! Today I fancy your log cabin/courthouse blocks and they give me an idea for my pillows-project! Have a lovely Sunday! x Teje

Turid said...

I finished three out of four, and now I'm looking for new ones to finish. I really have problems to finish something at all. This challenge will surely help me. Good luck with your projects. There are som many beautiful fabrics, and I'm looking forward to seeing your quilts finished.

gayle said...

Looks like you'll have some fun going on for the quarter! I'm intrigued by that second project - triangles and interesting colors catch my eye every time.
Can you sneak some color onto the back of your sister's quilt when she's not looking?

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love that Boundless project! Good luck and thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts!

Jasmine said...

Good luck with your goals. I think it is awesome your sister wants a quilt.

Bernie Kringel said...

with your usual productivity, this seems attainable. For me? Not so much!
I actually like the neutral palette that your sister wants. I will look forward to seeing that come together!

Vera said...

You can do it! :) Good luck!

01 09 10