Sunday, July 10, 2016

Oh Scrap! : Pretty in Pink

When I went to sew up this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks, I was surprised by how few pink scraps I have.  But I did find enough to sew up all of my blocks for July.  

I haven't decided if the lack of pink scraps is a good or bad thing....




I now have 24 hatchet blocks for my RSC16 Column Along, two more framed chain blocks and one cute little piglet ready for their respective quilts.  

Pete (my longarm) and I are taking a couple weeks off.  First time in almost 10 years that we have taken a long vacation.  But I am hoping to concentrate my time on finishing up so many projects I have been ignoring.

Old WIPs, Housework, Painting, Exercise, Eating Right, Yardwork....

Doesn't sound like much of a vacation but I am looking forward to it!
(It will be interesting to see how this goes - The first day I threw out my to-do list out and headed to a LQS with a friend.  There may have also been big cheeseburgers for lunch. I hope Day 2 is better!)

************************************ 

Now it is time to share your scrap projects, here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!







Linking Up:

Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
Patchwork Times (Design Wall Monday)
Cooking Up Quilts (Main Crush Mondays)
Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)
So Scrappy for RSC16
Scraptastic Tuesday 


15 comments:

Cathy said...

I wouldn't have any pink scraps if I didn't have a pink-loving granddaughter. I love hatchet blocks- they are so versatile.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your hatchet blocks are so pretty in the range of pinks from light to dark! Cheers to a stay-cation! They can be the best!

Jayne said...

Your 'vacation' sounds like mine. Staying at home! Whatever you decided to do, have fun! Does this mean you are taking a vacation from your blog as well?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Enjoy your vacation!! We all need a break now and again.

Charlene S said...

What happens on vacation stay on vacation!

Kate said...

A staycation with quilting as the primary goal sounds like heaven. When I get one more week of vacation in a few years, I'm going to try to have one of those. Enjoy your quality quilty time.

Bernie Kringel said...

Day two can't be better? What is better than quilt shops, quilty friends, and a hamburger? You've set the bar awfully high. :-)

Enjoy the break. It is well deserved!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hope you enjoy your vacation! Also, if vacations aren't for visiting quilt stores, hanging with friends, and the occasional indulgence, what are they for?? Whatever "better" is for you, I hope you find it in Day 2. :)

PaulaB quilts said...

What's a vacation without a few burgers thrown in? Quilt shops are also vacation musts. Have a fun relaxing time while you are getting some needed things done. Getting your mind out of the groove will make you come back renewed, even if you don't travel. A vacation for the senses.

Linda said...

How lovely!

moosecraft said...

Your scrap challenge blocks look great! Yes... it would be a challenge to find any pink in my stash as well. ;-) I'm on vacation this week too... and to do much of the same... but, mostly get caught up on stitchy projects and enjoy some sunshine and fresh air! :-) Enjoy your time away from the job! :-)

em's scrapbag said...

Good job on the scrap challenge. Funny how we lack certain colors in our scrap bins.

Nancy said...

Those pink blocks in the first photo are beautiful. I love the range of pinks. Thanks for hosting the link-up.
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

Nicky said...

Surely a good thing as we are trying to use them up! It means you are winning! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

Robby said...

That sounds like a great deal for a 'vacation'. Maybe set your goal to work on one or two each day? Then you'll have done more/better than otherwise, but not get discouraged by what wasn't accomplished. Ask me how I know about this.... Enjoy your change of pace.

01 09 10