Sunday, December 4, 2016

Oh Scrap! : Colorwash Blocks

I think I am happiest when I am sewing with scraps!




This weekend I spent quite a bit of time sewing up some colorwash blocks.  I am getting ready to make a second Geese Migration quilt and putting together some class samples for teaching.
I just love how each block has its own little character!


*************************************

Time to share what you are making with your scraps.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!








12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I had thought to do some scrappy blocks like that for my scrappy stars but then just tossed them all together instead

Libby in TN said...

I knew what you were doing from the first photo. Quite a contrast from the softer colors of your earlier quilt. And a definite difference from my taupes. I love how simple fabric choice can make such a big impact.

Kate said...

Love the rich colors in those blocks. Geese Migration is on my to do list. Maybe once the graduation quilts are done, I can work it in.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Great blocks Cynthia! Must be fun to play with colours like that! I'm surely happiest with scraps! Thank you for the party! x Teje

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such great blocks! So fun to look at the fabric detail up close. I know you're going to add more to them, because I've seen your Geese Migration quilt, but these would be beautiful all on their own!

Jayne said...

I love seeing what you do with scraps. I firmly believe you are the scrap queen! You can take any 'unpopular' fabric and make it amazing!

Vicki in MN said...

I agree with Jayne, you are the Scrap Queen! These blocks are gonna make up into a wonderful quilt.

Debbie said...

Love these blocks....right up my alley. Thanks for showing.

Kristi said...

Love the color gradation! Putting this quilt on my bucket list! Also...I was trying to link with Instagram, but when I push the Instagram button on the link site it gives me an error....Any ideas?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your Geese Migration is on my list of future projects - and I agree, scrappy is the best!!

Barb Neiwert said...

Lovely! Enjoy a scrappy weekend :)

Kristi said...

Cynthia, I figured out the Instagram link! I used the URL of the page on Instagram and put that in the first line. I didn't click on the Instagram picture at all. Thanks for checking it out for me! (Took me a bit to figure out which part of the URL I really needed. With some trial and error with my phone app-sharing the picture to myself via email-I figured it out...)

Thanks for all the inspiration in your blog. Glad I've figured out how to share with everyone too!

01 09 10