Sunday, February 26, 2017

Oh Scrap! : More Blocks for Sampler

I was able to spend a bit of time yesterday sewing up a few more blocks for my Splendid Sampler quilt.  At this point, I have sewn almost all of the true Splendid Sampler blocks I want to make and have gone rogue for the final ones I need to complete my layout.




Here are the seven blocks I finished.  I think I need a total of ten more to reach a total of 68 blocks.





I am still left with a giant laundry basket of Kaffe Fassett scraps however.  I haven't decided yet what to do with them.  Maybe another sampler quilt is in my future!



******************************************


It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!







15 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the bright reds in all those blocks! Do you have a plan for how you're going to set your Sampler blocks?

Jayne said...

That is a lot of blocks! I'm anxious to see where you will take this quilt! Ten more to go...I bet you'll have them finished this morning!

Cathy said...

I love all the color! You can never go wrong with KF fabrics!
Samplers sure do leave a lot of scraps, though, don't they? Have fun using them up!

gayle said...

Kaffe scraps are the best scraps!
I'm in love with all your bright colorful blocks! Looking forward to the quilt!

Mari said...

Let's hear it for going rogue! Some of those blocks were just a little too much for a 6-inch block. Good luck finishing up!

LizzyAstro said...

That bucket of scraps looks luscious! Really looking forward to seeing the sampler.

Rosa said...

So gorgeous blocks.Looking forward your quilt.

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Cynthia! So beautiful blocks and you still have so much precious Kaffe scraps! x Teje

Ann said...

Is this all your scraps or just your Kaffe scraps? Are they all in laundry baskets or just the set you're working with. I can see this gives you a wide opening to pull from.
Mine are in a clear zippered pouch that one of our bed pillows came in. Being able to see in on all sides is a plus but having them all mixed together is a minus. Still I don't currently have room to divide them by color into shoeboxes.
You sampler is fun. Love the fussy cutting results.

Louise said...

"Going rogue," I love that! Hee hee!

cityquilter grace said...

drop dead gorgeous blocks....kaffe fabrics are always double wow...and lots more scraps? lucky you!

Charlotta said...

You'll use a lot of the scraps making another ten blocks. Then make a scrappy piano key Border, and there you go!

Mystic Quilter said...

I love the wonderful fabrics in these blocks, beautifully rich!

Miaismine said...

I love your colorful blocks! It will be so much fun to see your finished quilt! Glad I found you on Cooking Up Quilts! Thank you for sharing!

Jasmine said...

What fun blocks. I look forward to seeing your rogue blocks too. Maybe your scraps are multiplying at night.

01 09 10