Sunday, June 25, 2017

Oh Scrap! : Licorice Allsorts

We have been experiencing a heatwave here so I have been staying indoors where it is a bit cooler.  That means time in my sewing room!



 I have been working on the cornerstones for the quilt along hosted by crazy mom quilts.  I went with a bit bigger scale so my cornerstones need to be 6" square.  Rather than using a larger piece of fabric,  I decided to piece mine using more scraps!



I threw a few pieces up on my design wall to see how it looks.  I am using a black and white widescreen fabric for the background.  I am excited to get this one together!



I have all of my pieces cut and ready for assembly next week.  Last week, Karen said my strip sets look like Licorice Allsorts so that is what I am calling this quilt.  I think the name is perfect!


********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you have been making with scraps. 
Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!

    Quilting is more fun than Housework

    So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!









    Follow Me on Bloglovin'          Follow me thru Email          Follow me on Feedly


    Linking Up:

    Love Laugh Quilt (Monday Making)
    Small Quilts and Doll Quilts (Design Wall Monday)
    Cooking Up Quilts (Main Crush Mondays)
    Em's ScrapBag (Moving it Forward)

    17 comments:

    cityquilter grace said...

    wow....excellent name for some really gorgeous blocks!

    LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

    I love your plan for the cornerstone blocks! The bright solids look great with the black fabrics. This will be a beautiful quilt!

    Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

    I feel for all of you in the heat wave areas - if you are in the SW it is really hot there and I bet a lot of sewing is going on as it is way too hot to be outside.

    Jayne said...

    Its a good thing you spent all that time outside before the heatwave!! The temps keep rising higher and higher every year. I use to love Allsorts and I do indeed see the connection!

    Jo said...

    They are looking good. Cant wait to see more of this one.

    Rosa said...

    They are are look fantastic and the bakcground make your scrappy blocks pop up.

    Judy H said...

    Getting ready to start a Halloween quilt of my own design using some panels and filling in the spaces. A bit daunting to go without an actual pattern, but am excited. Love the colors of your quilt.

    Vroomans' Quilts said...

    Love how this is evolving!

    The Joyful Quilter said...

    What FUN!! I absolutely LOVE the fact that you found a way to make the QAL project your own. Nice work!!

    LizzyAstro said...

    I love all your great ideas for scraps. Using those small pieces is so satisfying :)

    Karen's Korner said...

    Coming together beautifully.

    Preeti said...

    No idea what is Licorice Allsorts , but I love the bright fabrics against the black background. So many sew-alongs, so little time. Aaah!!!

    Vicki said...

    Love your blocks and that name is spot on!!

    Lisa S. said...

    I love how your quilt is turning out!

    gayle said...

    PERFECT name!
    I adore this quilt! Those colors just sparkle against all those black backgrounds!

    Louise said...

    I love the bold contrasts in this piece. Using blocks for cornerstones is a great idea! I wonder why we don't see it very often. Perhaps you are a trend setter :)

    Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

    Oh I really like it! the scrappy square block is a great cornerstone!! Your too creative ;-)

    01 09 10