Sunday, June 4, 2017

Oh Scrap! : Sunny Yellow





Goodbye Green - Hello Sunny Yellow!


I was able to knock out 8 big 10" string blocks from my yellow scrap bin.  Back in October, when I started thinking about what blocks I wanted to make for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks for 2017, I had made a number of string blocks that ended up in a baby quilt
This month, it was nice not being faced with another overflowing bin!

Did you get any scrap quilting in over the weekend?  Hope you share!


******************************************


It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!
Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!





16 comments:

Kate said...

Very sunny blocks!

Mari said...

I do love those yellow blocks. Strings just seem to multiply, don't they? :)

Ariane said...

These are great blocks! I hardly have any yellow scraps. So, I've cut into fat quarters to make my yellow blocks. But that's okay. I'm busting some stash.

Cathy said...

Oh what a nice range of yellows!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty, sunny string blocks! Looking forward to seeing what you make out of them!

Jayne said...

Aren't these gorgeous! I am so glad you decided to use this block for the RSC! So far, yellow might be my favorite!

Yanicka said...

I know it does not look like it but my summer goddess is all scraps outside the background.

Karen's Korner said...

Such pretty string blocks. Yellow always look bright and happy.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I see a number of my friends doing the RSC. It's been fun watching all of these yellows appear. Yellow is so bright and cheery. And your yellow blocks are some of the cheeriest. It's perfect for the month of June. --Andrea

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely sunny yellows, you're going to have a pretty good size quilt by the end of the year.

Susan said...

Pretty yellows! I am sooo behind

Miaismine said...

Your cheerful string blocks are precious! I'm saving my blocks hoping I'll have enough to make a rainbow quilt! Maybe my extra blocks will be a baby quilt! Thank you so much for sharing!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like them!! They are so sunny!

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Those yellow blocks! I'm not generally a fan of yellow, but your blocks look sooo nice! I am always amazed at what you do with scraps. :)

Edith said...

Lovely string blocks, yellow is so bright and cheery. I'm just finding out about your 'Oh Scrap' challenge, so might have to join up in a future week.

Miaismine said...

Lovely string blocks! Aren't they fun! I'm making them also for the RSC! Your's are so pretty! Thank you for sharing!

01 09 10