Sunday, September 10, 2017

Oh Scrap! : Orange you Glad...

I love Orange!  It is such a happy color. Right now, I think I love it so much because it reminds me that Fall is almost here.

My favorite time of year!



Last week, I completed 4 more bowtie blocks in shades of orange.  I also decided to make a dozen 10" string blocks.  I cleaned out a lot of the orangey peach color and golden pumpkin strings from my scrap bin.  I still added in some bright oranges just to add some "spice".




I am not going to make a string quilt this month so I just added the blocks into my "string" project box.  I thought I would see what I had in there.  Turquoise and green 12", yellow 10", turquoise and lime 8" and purple and pink 6" blocks.  Just what am I suppose to do with all this!

Plus there are a number of odd shaped rectangles.
I decided just to put everything back in the box - I can figure that all out later!



***********************************************

Now it is time for you to share your scrap projects.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!

    Quilting is more fun than Housework

    So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!




    20 comments:

    Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

    I have very little orange in my stash

    Kate said...

    Love those orange string blocks! It's easy to forget how many shades of orange there are.

    gayle said...

    I don't see a down side to having a box of string blocks... 8)
    And hurray for those gorgeous oranges!

    The Joyful Quilter said...

    Not a bad week with your ORANGE stitching for the RSC!! Such a lovely collection of String blocks you've got going. I'm sure you will figure out just what to do when the time is right. It/they will be WONDERFUL!!

    LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

    Those are some pretty orange blocks! I'm going to make a few bow ties today!

    Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

    I'm working on a predominantly orange quilt now too, so fun for fall!

    Joyce Carter said...

    I really love the orange blocks.

    Mina said...

    I love looking at the orange blocks, so cheerful!

    chrisknits said...

    I love orange!!! In my wardrobe, in my sewing and knitting, just everywhere! Can't wait to see how you arrange the string blocks.

    Wonky Girl said...

    Been working on an orange and black string quilt forever. I had a tiny roll of oranges to start with and decided to use black and white prints to make a larger quilt. Fall colors are my favorite, your orange blocks look wonderful.

    Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

    I really like orange and your strings look wonderful.

    Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

    Oh, those orange blocks are a delight for the eyes.

    TheEclecticAbuela said...

    Your oranges are lovely!

    Pamela Arbour said...

    I always look forward to seeing your scraps and what you do with them. Such inspiration!

    Bonnie said...

    Wow those oranges look fabulous. I like to add oranges to my quilt. In fact, my pile of orange fabrics has dwindled so badly that it is the first thing on my shopping list for my trip to Lancaster soon. Do you do your string blocks on foundations? If so what type?

    Gayle Bong said...


    Oh yes! I fell in love with orange a few years ago. Looks great.

    Jo said...

    I just love the orange blocks. Makes me feel so happy.

    Sheila said...

    I LOVE your orange string blocks!

    R's Rue said...

    Love.

    Sandy Panagos said...

    Ohhhh, I am sure you'll think of SOMEthing to do with them!

    01 09 10