Sunday, November 26, 2017

Oh Scrap! : A Few More Bowties

I hope everyone in the US had a wonderful Thanksgiving - Filled with Family, Friends and lots of Food.  With all the preparation and travel, I didn't find a lot of time to sew.




But as I was tidying up my sewing room, I did come across some nice chunks of Kaffe Fassett (and one old Martha Negley) scraps to make into some RSC Bowtie blocks.  So four more blocks have been added to my growing collection.  So far, I have not repeated any fabrics!




***********************************************

Please share your scrap projects.  Here are the details for linking up:
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!

    Quilting is more fun than Housework

    So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!






    10 comments:

    Kate said...

    Those are bright and bold! Enjoy the last day of the holiday weekend. Hopefully you'll get in some refreshing stitching time today.

    Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

    love the bowtie pattern. I will be working with bits of wool this week I think and continue my hand quilting as well - and really must make time to finish up the small donation quilt that I started last week - it is near a finish.

    The Joyful Quilter said...

    Cleaning up the sewing room?! What a concept. It's something I desperately NEED to do (but studiously avoid!!)

    LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

    Those are such fun and pretty fabrics, Cyndy! Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving!

    Linda said...

    Very impressed that you haven't duplicated any fabric scraps. That must mean you have a huge stash!

    Mystic Quilter said...

    More luscious fabrics!! I'd love to make a Bowtie quilt and goodness knows I do have the scraps necessary!!

    PaulaB quilts said...

    Sounds like you are going to have a bow tie charm quilt. Have fun finding more scraps.

    Vee Rose said...

    I made a bowtie quilt about a year ago. It was so much fun to make as a baby quilt.

    Miaismine said...

    Your bow tie blocks are so beautiful....I see a bowtie quilt in my future! Thank you for the inspiration!

    Sandy Panagos said...

    I was never really fond of Bow Tie blocks, but the Kaffe Fassett fabrics really make it!

    01 09 10