Sunday, January 14, 2018

Oh Scrap! : More Blue Blocks

In between quilting up some finished quilt tops, I have been finding a few minutes here and there to sew up some blocks.



First up is another Burgoyne Surrounded block.  This makes a total of six completed.  I love the look of this block and am excited about seeing the finished quilt but I admit, with each block I make, I dislike all the cutting and piecing more and more. 

I am glad I decided to sew the blocks over a long period of time!



I also sewed up two blocks for the Squared Away Scrap Sampler.  I decided to make 10" blocks.  I adore this first block and really didn't want to stop at two.  You can find the instructions for the block here if you want to join in.

********************************************

What have you been making with your scraps?  It is time to share!

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!







    So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!











    16 comments:

    Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

    great looking blocks Cynthia

    Deb A said...

    Love that Burgoyne block! So beautiful. Those squared away blocks were very fun to make. I'm doing the 10 inch ones as well... and need to make one more of them today.

    Chantal said...

    Love your Squared Away blocks. Are you making an entire quilt with just this block? That would make a great quilt. ;^)

    LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

    I was just thinking the same thing about the Burgoyne blocks as I looked at your photo - a lot of cutting and piecing for one block! At least all those pieces turn into a big block! I think they will make a really interesting quilt! Pretty colors for your Squared Away blocks, too.

    Jayne said...

    How many of the Burgoyne blocks do you have to make? Or maybe I should say...how many will you make?! It's going to be beautiful, but I think I would be frustrated after just one!

    Barb Neiwert said...

    That's a very pretty block, and I think it's worthy of your time! It will be gorgeous when it all comes together :)

    Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

    Beautiful Burgoyne Surrounded, how patient you are! I ove your blocks for Squared Sampler, gorgeous fabrics!

    Val's Quilting Studio said...

    Hi Cynthia!! I'm so looking forward to sharing my scrappy progress here this year! Thanks for the inspiration.

    Mari said...

    Beautiful Squared Away blocks! And I really love the Burgoyne project. It's tedious, but it's going to be just gorgeous in the end. A few blocks a month is definitely the way to go with that one!

    The Joyful Quilter said...

    You may dislike the cutting fit those blocks, oh the finished product!!!

    Anthea said...

    There certainly is a lot of cutting & piecing in the Burgoyne block, but it looks amazing!

    Rebecca Grace said...

    I love your scrappy 10" blocks, especially the one on the right. Great fabric choices!

    Mystic Quilter said...

    Squared Away blocks are super - a whole quilt using just this particular block would be fun.

    Kate said...

    Very fun sampler blocks! I like your interpretation of the pattern, with a different fabric in the middle.

    Jo said...

    I loved the squared away blocks too. Enjoy the sewing....

    Marsha Cooper said...

    Crossing my fingers, legs, and eyes, that I actually get out my scrap bag tonight and pull out blues!

    01 09 10