Sunday, June 10, 2018

Oh Scrap! : Squared Away Sampler

Welcome to another Sunday of Oh Scrap!

First, thanks for your patience as Blogger fixes the issue with being able to respond to comments.  It has been frustrating to say the least.  But it looks like they are hoping to have the issue resolved maybe this week.  Fingers Crossed!




This week I did finish up my Squared Away Sampler blocks in Teal/Turquoise.  My scraps in these colors are pretty lacking so I am not that wild about these blocks.  I am sure they will be fine once I get all the blocks into a quilt but I had wished I had some more vibrant turquoises.
...but I was not going to cut from my stash!




Here are all my blocks to date in no particular order.  I think I will set them on point with some skinny sashing and go with either a 3 x 4 or a 4 x 4 layout.  I think this quilts will brighten up once I get some orange and red blocks in there!


******************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 
  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do!

Quilting is more fun than Housework

So if you love scrappy projects, feel free to grab my button for your sidebar or posts and get ready to share all your wonderful projects from scraps.  And if you have a great idea for using scraps and would like to be featured, feel free to contact me!








Linking Up:


15 comments:

Ivani said...

Great addition to your collection for the Squared Away BOM. I love your aquas, and your blocks turned great

Jayne said...

It's going to be a very pretty quilt! On point with sashing...you are so clever! I like how the colors are light, almost pastel!

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh your squared away blocks are soooo pretty! I love them on point!
Do you think the blogger issue will actually be fixed?!?! Wouldn't that be great!

Cathy said...

Oh, those Squared Away blocks look great together.

Barb Neiwert said...

I love the way the colors are working together! It will be a very calming quilt.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like seeing all your blocks together! Setting it on point is a good idea, too - that is something I've never done. It might help mine get a little bigger since I've been making the 7.5 inch blocks.

Louise said...

Your aquas look like they are playing very nicely with the rest of the blocks! Any brighter and they might stand out too much? I'm enjoying my scraps in the same color family. So much, that I haven't done any blogging! :)

Angie in SoCal said...

I like your blocks. While waiting for blogger to fix the comments, I click on the person's name and it takes me to their profile. I then go under the photo and click on their email link and reply to them that way.

SandraC said...

Oh, I really like how they look on point....I may use this as inspiration for mine, thanks!

Bonnie said...

That's a nice block. I think it looks great with the others.

Marti said...

I didn't think I liked teal or turquoise until I started making my RSC blocks and now I love it. Your colors are great; I especially like the second block colors.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Very nice work on your quilt. I like your choice of fabric in those pastel shades.

Jo said...

Your blocks are looking great.. I haven't done block 6 yet... love your fabrics/colours

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Your blocks look great. Good news that Blogger may have a fix.

Zafira @Zarkadia said...

Oh you'll see when they will all be together in a quilt! They would look amazing!

01 09 10