Sunday, January 13, 2019

Oh Scrap! : Red

I can't tell you how much I have been looking forward to having Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks to sew again.  It was great to get my red scraps (January's color) out and start sewing.




I haven't had a lot of time to sew this last week but I did get out all of my RSC blocks and see what I had left over from last year.  I still have about 11 blocks to make for my zig zag quilt.  I have a bright red from last year so I thought I would pull out some dark burgundy scrap and make a dark red block.





I finished the block and added to the rest.  It really blended right in with the black and brown blocks!
Hopefully we have some bright colors in the near future to give this project a much needed punch.  But I am really happy with how it is coming together!

*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework




12 comments:

Kate said...

I really like the blocks laid out that way, looks like abstract art. Hope you get in more stitching time this week.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Some colors are definitely trickier to photograph than others, I've noticed! Those blocks are going to make a fun, scrappy quilt!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am going to take part too - I've got plenty of scraps to use up and need to get rid of more I just decide though so need to start some blocks this week

Jayne said...

You are the master of blending blocks! I am quite confident that you will have a stunner when it's all said and done!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty layout, your new block is just perfect with the others!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm sure there will be brighter colors to add to your RSC quilts! Separating the brown, black, and burgundy would probably help, too.

Mystic Quilter said...

For some reason I don't recall seeing these blocks before, great setting!

Denise said...

It looks great. Thank you for the linky party.

Alison V. said...

Your blocks look great! I skipped doing the RSC in 2018 and regret it so I am going to do my best to join back in this year.

Char said...

That zig zag is going to be great, so scrappy!

Marti said...

That looks like a fun quilt block. It reminds me of a game I used to play, adding zig zag shapes in different directions and ending with a different abstract every time.

em's scrapbag said...

I love the design your scrappy blocks are making. Very cool!

01 09 10