Sunday, June 16, 2019

Oh Scrap! : More Log Cabin Blocks

Due to my hay fever and the hot weather, I spent quite a bit of time in my sewing room this week.  Scraps of various colors were piled everywhere!



I mostly worked on sewing up more scrappy log cabin blocks.
I finished up a total of 20 green blocks to add to the blue blocks I completed previously.

They are made with 1.5" strips and measure 8.5".


Right now I have enough blocks for this layout.  I think I am going to go back to making blue blocks for the corners.  I don't know if this will be the final layout but at least it gives me an idea of how many blocks to make.  Then I can start playing around with them.


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 

17 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your log cabin!

chrisknits said...

Love the flannel from yesterday, adore the log cabins today. I just need to give up and make some log cabins myself, everyone else seems to be making them!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like your layout idea for your log cabins! Those blocks have so many possibilities for neat designs. The blues and greens are really pretty together, too!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty layout, your log cabins are beautiful. Hope you get better now

The Joyful Quilter said...

Whatever the layout, you can't go wrong with a BLUE and green Log Cabin quilt!!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

It is always intriguing to me how the different layouts for Log Cabin blocks give such amazing designs.This is beautiful.

julieQ said...

What pretty log cabin blocks!!!

Cathy said...

I just love log cabin quilts. And I love making them with small pieces too. I like your layout.

Birthe Marie said...

Lovely log cabin blocks! :-)

LA Paylor said...

love your log cabins and colors

Clare M said...

Love the log cabin block. I can feel the pull now to make another one. Green of course, my favourite colour. Love the blue with it too.

Jenny said...

I love your log cabin blocks, they look so wonderful up on your wall.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Your blocks look great. I've only ever made a few log cabin blocks. I feel your hay fever pain. I'm allergic to grass, trees, and pollen. But I love Reactine -- my saving grace. Feel better soon.

Astrid said...

Love your log cabin blocks, one of my favorite blocks. Great way to use up scraps.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Sorry about the hay fever - but WOW! Those blocks are really coming along!

KaHolly said...

There’s something so timeless about the log cabin block. It’s always a winner!

Mystic Quilter said...

Super little log cabin blocks! sorry to hear about the hay fever but it is a good excuse to stay put and quilt!

01 09 10