Sunday, August 11, 2019

Oh Scrap! : More Blue Blocks

I still have a few more blue Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks to share this month.




I made four more garlic knot blocks using blue, black/white, and taupe.  I have to admit that these are my current favorite block on my design walls.



Here are the two colors together that I have completed so far.



Oh, but look what can happen with a few rotations!
This is simply just a happy accident - it wasn't intentional.  But I have learned when designing a block, when you create a "pattern" of fabric/color within a block, it can open up lots of pattern options in the quilt layout.




And while I had the blue bin out, I decided to make a few Geese Migration blocks in preparation for some upcoming classes.  I will be at a Scrap Retreat in Eugene Oregon and teaching at the Stitchin' Post in Sisters Oregon.  Last I checked, there were still a few openings in all of them.

  You can read more information here.


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up:

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 


21 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love those garlic knot blocks!

Libby in TN said...

Loving those garlic knots and the secondary pattern they form. I may have to add those to my RSC projects for next year ...

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The garlic knots really do have some neat patterns they can create! I've had them on my list for awhile - I may have to make some. Enjoy your Sunday, Cyndy!

Vicki in MN said...

We seem to be thinking alike again, as I was looking at your first photo I thought I wonder what it would look like if you turned the block this way and then walla the next photo you did what I was thinking!!

Jayne said...

Happy accidents are so much fun! When surprises happen like that we can get super energized and excited. I'll take that any day of the week!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that pattern - it is another one I have thought of making

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE the pops of color held within your Garlic Knot blocks!! Will you be building a new quilt with your Gees Migration class samples? I hope so!

Kate said...

Your Garlic Knot blocks look great. There are all kinds of possibilities with those blocks, love the potential secondary designs.

grammajudyb said...

I am in love with Garlic Knots too! I especially like yours, where the main blk and white fabrics are different. What a great design element!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your garlic knots are lovely!

Elaine Adair said...

BRILLIANT arrangement of Garlic Knots - who knew??? What a happy accident! Looks greatg!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

The garlic knot blocks (strange name LOL) look great. Simple, but yet striking due to colour placement.

Pamela Arbour said...

Love all of your blocks.

Nann said...

Oh, those garlic knots -- I think you've given me an idea for RSC 2020!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

I really like the secondary layout that happens when the blocks are rotated. It's giving me ideas. Not that I need more ideas right now.

For the love of geese said...

I love happy accidents.

Dorothy said...

I wish the "Spin" class at Stitchin' Post was on a weekend--I would be down there in a hot minute :-)

Susie H said...

Those Garlic Knots are addicting. Love your accidental layout. So much fun!

Marsha Cooper said...

Glad I found you again! I've been on hiatus I guess from blogging, but now back. Most everything I do is scrappy--mostly because people give me fabric and such when they clean out their sewing rooms.
I hope to be able to link up soon!

em's scrapbag said...

Those garlic knot blocks look like a lot of fun to play with! Thanks for sharing with Moving it Forward!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What fun those knot blocks are!!

01 09 10