Sunday, August 25, 2019

Oh Scrap! : More Orphan Blocks

Last week, I shared my first steps on making quilts from saved orphan blocks.  I started that quilt from leftover strip sets.  The quilt is almost finished so I hope to finish up the binding and share it later this week. 

Now it is time to dive into a second orphan block quilt.



For this one, I pulled all the bits that had a red, white and blue theme.  I think many of these came from 4 older quilts I finished long ago and the star was a sample for a paper piece class I taught.

My aim is to create a small quilt about 40" square.

Time to start brain-storming and get to sewing!


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter











8 comments:

Cathy said...

When you started digging into your orphans you inspired me to do the same. I enjoy watching how orphan blocks are pulled together. What a creative exercise!

Jayne said...

It's amazing what you dig out of that magic suit case! I think you'll come up with an idea in no time. I love seeing how you do this and each time you create something fun and wonderful!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your timing is SEW perfect! I've got a collection of scraps littering my cutting table. I can't WAIT to see how these bits come together!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That star block really stands out! I'm curious to see what you do with them. And the blocks you were making the other day, too! Have a great Sunday!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Looking great. That star block is very striking.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Oooo, since my post is about orphan blocks too, I've linked up.

Thank you for hosting!~

Celine said...

Such a great idea! One day I need to do just that too....

Susan said...

Those reds, whites, and blues got me excited - can't wait to see where my favor colors go!

01 09 10