Friday, August 23, 2019

Geese Migration Table Runner

When I originally started working on my Geese Migration quilt, I had a few different layout ideas.   For the magazine publication, I ended up using an on-point design.  But one of the designs I considered was a staggered layout.



When I teach this class, I like to talk about some optional layouts, so I have been wanting to make a small sample of this layout for visual purposes.



So I whipped up four blocks and made a tablerunner.



I set the blocks in a nice gray and backed it with a fun floral that has been in my stash for years.



 I always have so much fun finding just the perfect scrap for these blocks.  This runner is now over at The Stitchin' Post in Sisters Oregon advertising my upcoming class in October.  I think there is still space if you want to sign up!





Linking Up:



15 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have always loved this pattern and it sits in the top 10 of my to make list. I just love yours.

Ellie said...

Nice table runner! I like the offset blocks and the gray is just right with them. I like the quilting too, it fits the modern look of the setting. Wish I were close enough to Sisters to take your class!

Ramona said...

What a wonderful table runner! I have wanted to make this block for some time and need to move it to the top of my list. Beautiful finish.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh my gosh!! I LOVE that idea!!!! Oh another one to add to my bucket list!!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

I like this block. It looks great with the different layouts.

Libby in TN said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I have a few blocks left over from my quilt as well as some pieces/parts I had cut for it. Now I know what to do with it all.

Andrea @ Mouse in My Pocket said...

This is lovely. I'm sure it will be great inspiration for your next class.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Jeepers, wish I could whip up four blocks like you! This looks wonderful, pretty and kind of artsy in the layout too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a great idea for those blocks! I really like the gray as a background color, too. You know how much I like making tablerunners!

Barb N said...

Ditto what Jocelyn said, lol! You are so good at whipping things out. You've got those geese down! The table runner idea is wonderful - a person could finish that in a day! Have fun with the class.

Pamela Arbour said...

You really have a good eye and imagination for using scraps.

Quilter Kathy said...

That would be a fun class to take!
Great use of scraps!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful table runner, I love this setting too!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, how I wish I could take your class at the Stitchin' Post!!! I absolutely LOVE your pattern and this alternate setting. Thanks SEW much for sharing your creative ideas for scraps!

Sandy Panagos said...

I really like how adding the flying geese changes up the 15-patch blocks so much. Great idea!

01 09 10