Sunday, February 23, 2020

Oh Scrap! : More Orange Blocks

I usually have all of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks finished by about mid-month, but for some reason, I seem to be running behind.



This week I sewed up these three orange chain blocks - I have no idea what they are called.  They are something I just sketched up to fill the need to use the scraps I had.



I added them to the green blocks I made in January.  
I think I am going to really like this quilt!


Have you been sewing with your scraps this week?


*********************************************

It is now your turn to share what you are making with scraps.  Here are the details for linking up: 

  • This linky party is for any scrappy project - It can be in-process or a finished piece.
  • You can link up your blog post (not your homepage please) or Instagram photo from the past week that features your use of scraps.
  • If you are linking to a blog post, I ask that you link back to my blog somewhere in your post. So if you are writing about scraps, just get into the habit of including a link as there will be a linky party available every week!
  • If you are using Instagram, please use the hashtag #ohscrap.
  • This is a party so remember to socialize and comment on the posts of others.
  • Following my blog is not necessary but it sure would be great if you do! 
Quilting is more fun than Housework
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


15 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your RSC blocks that will be a good quilt

Turid said...

I had no time to sew orange blocks this week. Yours are great.

Jayne said...

I think you've been busy making your CIL quilts among other things! You might be later than usual on your RSC blocks, but you still make it before February was long gone!

Julie in GA said...

Great RSC blocks! You have a wonderful mix of fabrics!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty orange blocks, they mix well with the others. Beautiful project!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's always fun to see each new month's blocks added to the mix! I like the way you've included some of the larger squares around the edge that have the block color in them. Happy Sunday!

The Joyful Quilter said...

There's no race to see how early in the month you can get your RSC block done, Cynthia. LOVE your new ORANGE blocks!! Your deliberate value placement looks really good.

LA Paylor said...

oh scrap! now I want to make those blocks... how cool they are together with interesting background fabrics blended in, all flowing from one to the other. Great!

Linda said...

Shoot, I had decided I was done with making blocks this month, but I may have to make that one. It's like an Irish chain and I like that it is put together, especially with that 4-patch scrappy center. Very pretty, whatever it is!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the secondary pattern emerging within the six blocks you already have here.

Karen's Korner said...

You always have an exciting scrappy project to share with us.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

They are a perfect block -using them as is or as a chain between something else!

Pamela Arbour said...

I agree. This is going to make a nice quilt.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your blocks so pretty. I like it too!

Susan said...

No scrap sewing this week, but I'll be at it next week with the start of a new month and another color.

01 09 10